1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Change of Mind

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Dec 17, 2011.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kottravai,

My heartiest congratulations to you. Explains why you were missing all these days. :-D Hope you are settling down into your new routine.

Nice to see your feed back. Enjoy while your dh still eats without complaining. Mine was an angel all these years. The horns and the tail sprouted after a cook made her appearance!!!!! Yesterday she played hookey, and oh you should have seen the angel enjoying his food again. :-D Well, I guess I should be happy about that, but the horns and tail were visible again today. :rant

1 person likes this.
  2. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sach,

Good post. I left adding that pinch of salt to curd rice, from third Day of my marriage on my fill's advice. But later I came to know that he doesn't add because he has BP from he was 30 yrs old. But my BP level is always low, for me it is better to have a pinch of salt more. my hubby also have BP, no pickles, low salt, no spicy kind has become our general diet. Even a small jar of pickle lies with me for a year. Very eagerly waiting for my daughter to grow up to have company to add some spice. but in the process learnt to make healthy food.

WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR.

regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

Hi Manju,

Here too BH has high BP and so it is low salt diet too. When spice is low, he complains it is too bland (naturally salt free and spice free). Now I am used to that and am content to empty a few packets of salt and pepper to that (training from 4.5 yrs spent in the UK where they specialize in such food) and enjoy it too. If there is a little excess spice, then the food is too spicy. MIL should have named BH Goldilocks. Everything is "too" something or the other. :rotfl

Anyway, all these jhik-jhiks add to the spice of life I guess - otherwise we would be leading a very bland existence.

1 person likes this.
  4. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

thank god for the disclaimer. I was wondering if it was 'best' husband, oh please dont mistake me, I am sure you dont have an array of H s to decide the "best" :) just kidding kay!! :) the post was wonderful. started my day with your light post, thank you.

the very word chilli, pickle, avakai, paruppu podi gives me an ulcer! :( give me those rasagullas and mysore pas please

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

Hi Tuffyshri,

Happy New Year. Thanks for the solution. You know, BH has this unnerving habit of telling me I should not be eating so many sweets and should lose weight. Then he promptly brings home two bottles of Haldiram's rasgollas saying he wanted to check out how they were. 2 bottles to check out???!!! Anyway, he brings them and hands them over to me. Now what do I do with all those? Can't afford to allow them to get spoilt and throw them out, can I? So guess what????? (no prizes for guessing though). BH has one more opportunity to tell me not to eat sweets and become fat.

Now thanks to your FB, I know exactly what to do with those sweets. Shall courier them over to you. That will mean so many people happy, isn't it? :-D

6. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

Happy new year to you too. sure send over the sweets!! i still have few days (minimum) left out to detect any problem in my health! and I will dedicate all my fat and cholestrols to you and your BH

7. marulamuniya

marulamuniya Gold IL'ite

Hahaha.. nice one again.. Off late me and BH ave been discussing the same topic.. how come we exchanged the way we think.. So you want to grow long hair and wear sarees now.. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. satchitananda

Hahahahaha MM. Am not quite so sure, you know. I keep changing my mind every 5 minutes about that. :rotfl