1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Change of Mind

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi
    Loved the pickle part, do you have a ship, my mouth will be the ocean.........really hungry!
    ...they even start looking similar to some extend! I know several couples who have aged gracefully and almost look like bro and sis! It is strange how over the years we learn to accomodate each others tastes, hobbies, thoughts and live besides each other in peace like India and CHina.

Sorry for intruding your post, but I have to add:
    Kamalji
    ...Lord those awesome Northy Red Chilly stuffed pickles, we used to wage a war to get a piece of those to be consumed with the dried up roti from the "mess" back in University days!
    Mega

1 person likes this.
  2. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Satchi..
    what a spicy post... so basically if the both the BH's were always on one side.. agreeing to eachother.. where will the spice be in life???.. now your dear BH decides enough of these spicy games and let me be obliging and agree to all her "silly-ness" and there you go wondering.."do I know this man.. or has an alien entered his body and snatched his mind???".. so unfair!!!..
    FYI.. my tolerance to spice in minimum and my BH can make a meal of green chillies!!!..
    Kerman

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Latha,

4. satchitananda

Dear Megalife,

5. satchitananda

Hi Kelly,

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Satchi,

finally I am here and you have to hear my story out. DHs house of course do not eat spice and neither does mine! But DH simply loves it and I have to take the blame for, my FIL very resolutly believes that I have changed my DH forgetting the fact that his son has stayed away from home since he was 17 and has acquired the taste and infact feels happy if I cook spicy food - which I cannot eat myself but enjoy watching him relish! Can't balme my FIL though what with his very sensitive stomach and all - infact when I am in B'lore, even if I do not put any spice (note:even if I do sambar without any sambar powder, really!!) he will still find it spicy! And DH will end up eating with a lot of pickle or eating at those famous "Andhra restaurants" and pretending to eat at home - it is fun to watch the play between father and son :) Oh boy! Am I happy to have a cook there or what!!

true true looks like both of you have been married long enough that each wants to let the other do what pleases them - whihc unfortunately is again the opposites. oh well the cycle has to go on and the love has to grow on!! Enjoy the ride Satchi!

1 person likes this.
  7. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Enjoyed every bit of this article from top to bottom !!

1 person likes this.
  8. satchitananda

Hi Sabitha,

9. satchitananda

Thanks Sudha. :)

10. kottravai

kottravai Gold IL'ite

Written in true 'Satchi' style. :) Loved it. The situation is almost the same at my parent's place. My dad will shout "Karam, karam"[Hot, hot] even if as much as hears any one of us talking about chillies. These days, he has gone to the extent of boycotting buying chillies even when specifically asked to. We make fun of him saying that he will say the food is hot if we write chilly and show it to him. :D

There are some people who find out fault in anything that has been cooked, and in due course of time, it becomes their habit that even if the food has been cooked perfectly, they cannot just let it be but have to comment on it. What works is to not be near the person while they have their food and to pretend to be deaf, while enjoying your own food. Concentrating on food, especially good, home-made(self-made) fare will make one forget the confines of space and be lost in our own wonderland of good times.

Yet to know what DH feels about food. It's just too early for that. Having eaten outside for 15 years, he's now going ga-ga at home made food. Waiting for the true colours to show.....

1 person likes this.