Cbse - i...

Discussion in 'Indians in Qatar' started by achu, Feb 4, 2012.

1. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

Can anybody throw a light on cbse - i in detail , is it really worth the money ? are the kids getting practical exposure to what they learn in school... How is the syllabus when compared to the regular cbse ? Am just asking these questions 'coz the children growing up in middle - east are not exposed to the outside world , when compared to the ones in india... For example , they don't know what a " field " or a " waterfall " is , I really felt bad , when my 6 yr old daughter said that she hasn't seen a live frog yet. Like wise there are many things which the children miss in their growing age.
    Does this cbse -I , serve to compensate at least in few things , or is it just another program to grab more money from parents ?

2 people like this.

2. vidyashil

vidyashil New IL'ite

My second one is in cbse i.I think for the little ones it is good.No spoon feeding.Little bit exposure is there.studywise they are doing themselves.

3. daffny

daffny Silver IL'ite

how much is the approx fees difference between these two?

4. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Saji,My daughter is in CBSE-I.I am pretty okay with what she is learning.But they do not have regular tests like CBSE students.Most of their tests are surprise tests.A lot of us (parents of CBSE-i students) were contemplating whether we need to allow them to continue in CBSE-i or switch over to CBSE .But recently the students had attended some competitive exams and to our surprise , the CBSE-i students have fared better.I am telling this because the students do not have any regular tests like CBSE or even homework.But still these students were able to fare better and apply logic to the qns asked.Hence I am still contemplating (to myself) which one would be better in long run.

Yes, the fee is on the higher side.And we do not have CBSE-i when we go back to India.We either have to switch to IB or CBSE only.

The children definitely do not get to see a live frog as we do not see any frogs,waterfall or field in Qatar.Both CBSE and CBSE-i students get a chance to go to Qatar farms.I think they had one last year.Other than that we cannot expect much from here as we cannot do much when the country lacks something.

Daffny , the fee is more than double of CBSE curriculum.The syllabus is almost the same except that the publishers will be different.CBSE-i has international publisher name while the CBSE has local one:rotfl.They learn a lot of things by themselves.

5. daffny

daffny Silver IL'ite

thank you bhuvnidhi, very good information about cbse-i.

just curious, dont you have beaches in Qatar to see frogs? or in some parks where it is wet we can sometimes see frogs. my children are longing to see lion and elephant only. is there zoo in qatar?

1 person likes this.
  6. bhuvnidhi

Daffny, There are beaches in Qatar.Wakra,Sealine and Dukhan are famous.There is one near Al-Khor also I believe.I have not seen any frogs still.There is zoo in Qatar.Yeah, there are lions and elephant there.There is a funland also in the zoo for kids entertainment.

7. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

CBSE i is introduced in gulf and asian countries in 30 schools and it is learnt that only a few standards it is being implemeted, Back home in India i guess they are likely to permit after 3-4 years ...

For more info please go through

CBSE International Board | CBSE-i Curriculum, Syllabus, Schools

Please update if you get information on what all standards are at present having CBSE i syllabus.

Thanks in advance

2 people like this.
  8. anishakuruvilla

anishakuruvilla Senior IL'ite

Hi Saji
    You have received many answers for your questions, let me put my two pence worth. CBSEi like everyone else said is the expensiver version of CBSE, but in my humble opinion a far better option. As someone who is now teaching CBSEi I can confidently say that the students have a more all round approach to their subjects. If I am teaching about Plants in EVS then their English lesson prose and poetry is about plants. Their worksheet in Maths have example of Plants. They learn to draw pictures of plants in their art class and do songs / dances about plants in their music /dance classes.
    Like Bhuvnidhi said students here are sharper when they are in the international syllabus because there is almost no spoon feeding. The teacher is a mere facilitator in the truest sense of the word.
    Bhuvnidhi I dont know which school your daughter is studying but in my school we give them regular tests. There are Formative tests every 15 days for each subject along with summative exams at the end of the term.
    The quality of the learning experience is only as good as the teacher is, esp in the international syllabus as there is no text book. So before you join your student in a school for international syllabus do a thorough research.
    Right now CBSEi is available for classes I, II, VI, IX and X. From the coming academic year it will be available in III, VII, and XI.
    It will also be introduced on a pilot basis in India in one or two years.
    I hope I have answered your doubts.

Cheers

2 people like this.
  9. arush

arush New IL'ite

which is good cbsc or cbsc i ?

my son is in kg 2 now in dmis school.....they send me form for admission in cbsc i
    curriculum.....so i don`t which is better cbsc or cbsc i curriculum....
    please help me.....:hiya

10. bhuvnidhi

Re: which is good cbsc or cbsc i ?

Anisha, My DD is in DMIS.I heard from the CBSE-i coordinator that CBSE-i will never be implemented in India.Is there a change now?If it is then I would not change my DD to CBSE based on this reason.