Car Driving In U.s

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by bhargavi86, Jun 19, 2016.

1. bhargavi86

bhargavi86 Junior IL'ite

hi frds ,
    i came again with another situation.
    i have been in U.S for past one year.so after learning that i cant survive im U.S without know driving i decided to join the class. so past two weels i was learning driving. its just 2 hr class per week for 4 weeks.
    when i am in car i am extreme nervous. i cant concentrate . i dnt have a control on steering and two times i wrongly press the gas pedal instead of brake. OMG. it was a disaster.
    i want to learn it.so i decided lot of practice will help to come out of these situation .now comes the problem. according to rule the student driver license holder should drive the car only when he accompanied by the person who have valid driving licence.
    if so i have to accompany by my husband.but we have two kods aged 5 &18 months . they cant be in the back row while i am driving. i cant let them be at home on their own.i hve frds but none of them in the situation for look after them for few hrs.
    i seriously dnt knw how can i practice . pls give your suggestions.
    thanks in advance

2. bhargavi86

bhargavi86 Junior IL'ite

3. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@bhargavi86
    Hi,
    Try hiring a nanny for few hours, so you can practice. Or send them to some kind of summer camps, so you know they will be engaged and you can get some time for yourself.
    Hope this helps.

bhargavi86 likes this.
  4. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Do you have a friend with a license who can accompany you? Your hubby can watch the kids while you practice. If you have no one to help, hire a baby-sitter for a couple of hours. You can try practicing late at night or early in the morning when the traffic is light. That way even if the kids are with you, they are not at risk.

bhargavi86 likes this.
  5. bhargavi86

bhargavi86 Junior IL'ite

hiring a nanny.. i was thinking abu tat.. my hubby s not keen in tat idea. though its for few hrs he s afraid of leaving kids to other ppl. more over u have to make my kids comfortable with a new person.. and the money also matters

6. bhargavi86

bhargavi86 Junior IL'ite

thanks gowri.. frd cant drive our car due to insurance n i cant ride to some grd or deserted area..

7. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Get a babysitter for a few hours. The cost will be less than paying for extra driving time, and you do need to practice on your own. We used to drive in empty parking lots on the university campus. Now I see people using the nearby school parking lot for practice.

bhargavi86 likes this.
  8. bhargavi86

bhargavi86 Junior IL'ite

will try for it... st

9. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Yes. After 8.00 pm or weekends ask ur h to drive to a parking lot or his office parking lot with kids in the back seat. Learn there like parking, right turns and left turns with checking all 3 mirrors , using blinkers and using only right side of the road as if u drive on a road. Do it regularly everyday for a month, then u will get used to break and gas. Then start with small streets.

bhargavi86 likes this.
  10. bhargavi86

bhargavi86 Junior IL'ite

thanks kashmirflower as i told the learner license holder cant have passengers on the back seat..really annoying..