Can we have get-to-gether in Qatar?

Discussion in 'Indians in Qatar' started by kanyabp, Jan 4, 2012.

1. kanyabp

kanyabp New IL'ite

Hi Gals,

I am a single woman from india, working in Qatar for the last 3 years. Are there women like me here on Indusladies?? may be we can all get-to-gether sometime to know each other and have a network so we can help each other in the time of need??

Married women, please don't think i am only inviting single women. You can also join if you are interested to meet up. Its just that, I was recently not well and i had a few friends to help me and it got me thinking. What if there are some women like me and din't know many people here or din't have much help.. We could help each other isn't it.

Let me know.

Regards
    Kanya

2. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Re: Single Indian Women in Qatar

Hi Kanya,

Good thought... Currently I am in India and will be back to Doha in a week or so.

After getting married, I stepped into Qatar two years back... I could feel how difficult it will be to spend time
    without our near and dear ones. Now, we have got so many family friends and I would be happy to join you to help each other.

Best Regards,
    Sharmila

1 person likes this.
  3. kanyabp

kanyabp New IL'ite

Thank you Sharmila.... that would be great.. let me know when ever you are back.. :)

4. taurus4cb

taurus4cb Junior IL'ite

Really najmal that is your pick up line? Even if some single girl tries to open up and socialize in this largely conservative society posts like yours just kill that thought :)

Just wish you had been more tactful friend.

1 person likes this.
  5. priya1184

priya1184 New IL'ite

Hi Kanya,

I have moved into qatar for a project work couple of months back...are you still in Qatar? I was looking for some indian friends in Qatar as life is way too boring here .

Thanks
    Priyanka

1 person likes this.
  6. priya1184

priya1184 New IL'ite

I am sorry but i am looking only for female friends . BTW Thanks for asking

7. taurus4cb

taurus4cb Junior IL'ite

In all honesty Priya, to meet someone of the same sex ( a girl to meet a girl and a boy to meet a boy) you really dont need a forum. Its very easy. You just live your life and you bump into people. Its the other part that's hard ( boy looking to meet girl or vice versa) in this country especially. So its just ironical. Many single people here are just condemned to endless TV and junk food. If you has a girl ( generally sought after) are finding it difficult to make friends, think of the plight of the opposite sex. Not everybody is lucky to be working in a liberal and co-existing environment. Just simple pleasures like having a coffee with someone of opposite sex can be a great experience for someone lonely.

In another thread someone snubbed another person saying its not a dating website. Well I agree the person's approach was very immature and naive but still..perhaps the single womenfolk should open up a bit more. Not everybody is a psycho waiting to happen and at the same time I am not advocating meeting random people. Be cautious but be approachable.

I sense a war coming along here :)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
    2 people like this.
  8. niceguy4u

niceguy4u New IL'ite

sorry to barge in here...but nice to see someone thinking outside the box. for those ladies looking for female friends no offence. am sure everyone living in qatar will find someone a good company.

9. jkjayans

jkjayans New IL'ite

Hi,

My name is Jayakrishnan. I am working here in Qatar.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
  10. faisalnawaz

faisalnawaz New IL'ite