1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can romance be a remedy to all problems in a married life

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by lalaja, Dec 12, 2011.

1. lalaja

lalaja New IL'ite

We see so many people having many types of problems in married life, do you think having a very good physical romantic life would help solve most of issues and help communicate better with DH by doing all the things men like:)
    Can we take advantages of men's need to solve lot of the issues?
    The reason i am asking this is this mantra has worked for me so far not sure if this is just in the early stages of married life?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011

2. Anyuna

Anyuna Silver IL'ite

Even thou a veteran in marriage,I feel to a extend physical relation does help between partners to understand each other better.That help the bond to grow strong ,I believe that it is not good to use it to your advantage think how you will feel if you come to know that he does that to you? After a lot of years you both will set a relation where the others emotions are felt even with out words.You will understand his needs even before he voice it and same for him also.Good Luck.

3. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

How long will u do all tht ur husband likes just to get things done?? It might work now, but not in the long run... Romance is important... But romance alone cannot solve problems always... Just sitting and talking to each other face to face n telling our husbands or husband telling wives their problems or worries can also solve problems... I like to do things that my husband likes, n I expect the same from my husband too... But I will never please him all the time to get my things done and I will also hate it if my husband does that... True love is what matters the most...

6 people like this.
  4. lalaja

lalaja New IL'ite

i am sorry i am not saying i am taking advantage in a wrong way but just meant it lightly i like to make my DH happy to see his happy face and so does he.

5. lalaja

lalaja New IL'ite

i think i didnt make my point clear i was trying to say most of the problems are emotional problems and some people might take time to heal from past wounds(due to verbal exchanges or fights) and getting physically romantic might help heal faster and get conversation started.

6. godsgp

godsgp Silver IL'ite

Physical relationship does add to the bonding which is already there.
    I do not know individual preferences but for me romance and intimacy are outcome of healthy relationship rather than vice versa.
    The same holds true for my husband too and he has been expressive about that.

2 people like this.
  7. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

It may to some extent or in case of certain type of problems, but not all the problems. Moreover, it also depends upon the character of the husband.

If he really loves his wife and sincerely wants to solve the problems, then, your ideas will act as a good catalyst to quicken the problem solving process. On the other hand, if he is selfish or does not care for his wife or her views, then I dont think it will work.

2 people like this.
  8. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

I believe that making love regularly does helps in maintaining the bond between husband and wife but it should be a mutual thing. If we do something for the other person; sooner or later we will expect something back from then and disappointment sets in if our expectations are not reciprocated.

9. RJMK

RJMK Silver IL'ite

It also depends on which stage of marrried life you are in..Like after having my son, both me and my H are too tired to do anything.So it becomes important for us to just sit together and watch some prog on TV and chat or laugh and go off to sleep.Initially it was not so..We used to be together all the time and we had some amazing stuff together..But that was love and not something else...Now priorities have changed..

I think if you can talk openly to your H and if he can be your best friend then most of the things can be done:)

10. shambu

shambu Silver IL'ite

yes.. to a great extent...

The romance definitely strengthens the bond between the two through out the life.. I, personally feel thats the reason for the marriage... :thumbsup

Whatever the intensity of the problem be... either small or big..., the intimacy such as the hugs, the cuddling or whatever the couple is comfortable of, at a particular stage of the life (like going out or spending time together), will definitely go a long way not only in understanding between the two but also you get great relief from headache, body pain, anger, frustation caused due to the problem... & most importantly, it gives you the courage to face the problem next morning because your mind is free from anger & frustation & in fact you, yourself, will find a new way for solving the problem... thats the magic of romance...

It just keeps your heart very light & your mind is at peace...

Atleast in 1 or 2 out of 5 occasions, you will definitely find a new way of solving the problem... :cheers