1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can I Get A Good Partner At The Age Of 35-37?

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by pruthvee, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Layanj

Layanj New IL'ite

Its never too late

2. Vikram87

Vikram87 New IL'ite

Saw your post and immediately connected to it. I am not 35 but am 30 but I believe that age never defines a destiny. Can we know each other to see if we can contribute to each other's life

3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Connected to it as a male ? How ?

4. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

OP , my opinions are based off the experiences of two of my friends of the same age as yours that got divorced and were then trying to actively date with the intention of marriage . Their observation was that men of the age group that they were dating (in their 40's) had been through bitter divorces, had kids and were paying child support etc. So most of them were seeking companionship but not the "hassle" of another marriage . So commitment was a big issue. Ofcourse , their experiences are not the norm specially if you are not in the US. In India most men have greater parental support to marry again, so things might be different . Just make sure you make things clear when you start meeting people, that you are looking for a committed relationship. Few men also have the mindset that a divorced woman is easily available , so beware of such creeps.
    You have gone through a lot , make sure you have healed completely . Be confident ,practical and smart when you plan to get into the dating scene again.
    I hope you find a partner that loves and cherishes you for what you are. Wishing you the very best.

nakshatra1 likes this.
  5. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

Hi Pruthvee,

My one piece of advice to you, please don't feel depressed for not getting married its better to be late or never rather by repenting for getting into a wrong relationship and suffer.

Many of my friends and relatives (females) got married at the age of 44 - 47 now are getting pregnant and few have kids too, also I would like to highlight that of those 50% of them are neither working nor good looking nor they belong from any well to do financial background.

One OP has stated in the post about a few types of men have a mindset that a divorced woman is easily available, so please be careful on that front.

I would request you to kindly ignore what others say and be yourself and give time some time.

Meanwhile you can concentrate on your career or join some yoga class or you can also get involved in social welfare activities or develop some hobbies or concentrate on any activities which you wanted to do.

Marriage is not the end of everything.

6. venkiis

venkiis Silver IL'ite

@Sandycandy
    You are right. Some of my male friends in 40s. Worked really hard to make a good legacy and then had a divorce . Now they lost more than 50 percent of their money and then child support. They are very scared for commitment. they want to date for few years. They want Prenups.

7. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

LOL....Helllo, not just assets but debts are also shared in west !!

i have seen other way round also where the spouse took loans and why do some people think that they will just get assets via marriage or divorce......indian men and women are also getting smarter these days..

instead of assets, the spouse ends up sharing debts of another...lol.....credit history goes down the drain n it affects overall life.....

so any indian man or woman who is not marrying equally earning partner in west or bringing form india to west is the dumbest person on this planet..simple...n they deserve to lose their hard earned money .

same if the woman from india is dumb enough to think that she will just get money n not debts in divorce is dumb n she deserves the 1000's of dollars of debts of their partner !!...

so, the indian guy who got doormat housewife from india is a dumb loser if he had to shell out quite a lot in divorce...n the indian wife who ends up sharing husband's 1000's of dollars debts in divorce is equally dumb !!

so gone r the days when hubby had to shell out money to wife...indian men are planning very smartly before applying divorce n most of the times, the unsuspecting indian wife ends up sharing thousand of dollars debts of the husband who applied for divorce....

and the indian loser man or woman who ends up paying are dumb when they went for non earning spouse...what were they thinking that their wifey or hubby will keep remaining a doormat or is dumb so in divorce, they got the right end of the stick...but very few such dumb people r there these days...

mostly marriages these days r between equally earning people.....attorney marries attorney, IT person marries IT guy, doc marries doc...n so no-one has to to shell out anything as even loans are shared....

but 1 % might be super dumb...either the dumb wife who kept on making fresh rotis or dosas n the indian man thoroughly used and abused her and in divorce, she in fact ended up sharing thousands of dollars of her hubby's debts for the things hubby bought for himself....lol !!

SO, - here in west not only the assets but DEBTS are also shared in divorce !!...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  8. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

i see the other way round in US amongst indians..mostly equally earning people r marrying each other...attorney with attorney, doc with doc, IT one with IT one...n in re-marriage also the same story....

i see so many re-marriages amongst indians in US since last 20 years n 2nd marriages of these people r very successful..may be they chose wisely 2nd time around !!

Dishaa likes this.