1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Can anyone help me improve my mood wthout having to take prescription pills ?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by paulmac, Jan 3, 2012.

1. paulmac

paulmac New IL'ite

I have been feeling "low" for the past month or so and I am wondering if there is anything I can take that will improve my mood. I wonder if there is something herbally that could work for me.

2. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

if you really do live n Canada, do you think this could be seasonal? How much light do you get? Get your Vitamin D levels checked. Try omega 3 fatty acide pills, add an exercize regimen and try a creative arts course.

1 person likes this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi I saw this on the side bar and came in..
    I am no doctor, but I see you are in Canada and this may be "S.A.D"-Seasonal Affective Disorder commonly called winter depression. Due to less sunlight days it is possible to feel low.

Can you stay out in the sun for twenty-thirty minutes everyday around mid morning or mid afternoon? That should help.
    If not possible, sitting under bright lights for sometime will help.
    Also exercise helps in improving moods.
    Though difficult it may be in cold weather, getting up early in the morning, followed by exercise, shower and keeping to a regular routine will help.
    Other remedies can be aromatic candles, agarbahthis, peppy music, etc.

Well these are just suggestions; I am sure other better ones are sure to follow.

2 people like this.
  4. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Paulmac, welcome to IL Health Forum.

You are the first and best motivator for yourself. so added to what other ILites have suggested you (very good suggestions), keep yourself fully occupied. Listen to the music you love the most, play it in the background and do your work. If your sleep pattern is not right, try to change it and same in your lifestyle. Best thing is to keep your mind occupied always & bring a nice change in your lifestyle if you feel it is not right. Best wishes.

1 person likes this.