can all you wonderful tamil ladies out there help me out ?

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by ks77, Feb 13, 2012.

1. ks77

ks77 New IL'ite

hello everyone
    My names sangeetha karthik well its been a month now with that new name :)
    and i have a little problem i was born and brought up in the uae so at home we were never had poojas and all that we just had a normal lifestyle not many functions and all but we both ( me & my husband ) are iyers . His parents din't mind all that but now one of his old great aunt is coming over to stay with us ( we stay seperately not with our in-laws ) and i heard she is very orthodox and religious . i don't know anything about poojas there are so many of them for diwali , avani avittam , pongal , saraswati pooja and so many traditional iyer practices . can you all please help me by telling me about which all celebration and practices are performed and the right procedure i am really interested in learning all these . i know i can ask my in-laws or mom but i feel a little shy so .......

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Congrats on your marriage sangeetha.
    i can understand the shyness but don't worry you have come to the right place that has been a great guidance to lot of people be it the pujas, the cooking, the recipes for those functions. do check out the links i have given, you will be amazed at the amount of details you get at the click of the mouse, and the best part is you will doing everything like a pro within a few days/week, and impressing the great aunt...all the best.
    Pujas Prayers & Slokas - IndusLadies
    Ask ChitVish - IndusLadies

3. ks77

ks77 New IL'ite

thank you so much for your help shanvy .

4. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Hi ks77,

Happy to see you posting in IL. You can post in varied topisc in IL ank ask queries related to the same. related to poojas you can visit this forum Religion and Spirituallity where you will find whtatever you need related to predictions, slogas, deities and many religious places. Keep posting in IL. All the best!