Cakelicious!!

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by beautifullife30, Jan 2, 2017.

1. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Cakes…..

What can I say about them….? They are my strength and my weakness! I love cakes. Even as a child I was fascinated with cakes. The spongy texture, the fluffiness, the sweetness, and above all the icing. I would die for the icing.

With the boom of internet and information easily available, I wanted to bake them myself. So I read about the procedure of baking cake in a cooker, read so many recipes, finally zeroed in on one and yes, I baked a cake! But it was a disaster. Ah….what a waste of time, money and energy, as my mom kept telling! So my baking became a dream…..

….after my marriage however, my husband gave me permission to waste as much money, time and energy as I wanted in cakes! So with his support, I started baking again!

Here are a few pics of the cakes I baked. I am starting with the latest one here. The cake I baked yesterday for new year!

The checkboard cake:

I tried baking this cake once before with chocolate and vanilla cake. This time however, I made a few changes. My mom hates chocolate. I know, its strange but she hates it. So I substituted the chocolate cake with dates cake.

Vanilla-dates checkboard cake!

IMG_20170101_195231173.jpg IMG_20170101_194901084.jpg

Kewra cake:

Ah…well this cake has a small story too….! My grand mom loves simple plain vanilla cake. As it was my grand pa's birthday I told her I will bake a vanilla cake. However, when I started baking, I realized that I didn’t all-purpose flour. I had to substituted it with wheat flour. So I was half tensed what my grand mom would say and in that I didn’t really pay attention to the essence that I was adding to the cake. After mixing the cake batter, I realized that the cake was giving out a different flavor. It turned out to be kewra essence!! I immediately googled to check if kewra essence is used to make cakes at all. To conclude my grand mom wasn’t pleased. But the rest of my family loved it. Starting my little one to my grand pa, everyone wanted second helpings of it!

IMG_20161126_201138261.jpg

Raisin bundt cake:

Well, I just got a new bundt pan and wanted to try a cake in that pan. So I made this one!

IMG_20160710_172607841.jpg

Black forest cake!

Finally I made this favorite cake of mine and it was delicious. In fact, my husband was so impressed with this cake that he bought me a cake rotating table as a surprise gift for me seeing how I was struggling while I was icing this cake.

IMG_20160717_204735967.jpg

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    pumpkin01, jskls, sonal1611 and 3 others like this.
  2. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

OMG.. yummy cakes.. I never tried my hands on cake

beautifullife30 likes this.
  3. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

Yummy Cakes..

Really want to eat now :):)

beautifullife30 likes this.
  4. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Hey @MNR