C-section

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by DivzIyer, Feb 15, 2012.

1. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

hi rakhi,

i have seen you answer a lot pregnancy related ques.

I have heard that there are specific exercises to ensure that one has a natural delivery.

i am kind of concerned becoz i started my pregnancy being overweight, with PCOS and thyroid. Thank God, i conceived without much difficulty and i am trying to eat healthy and going on walks everyday.

Like divziyer, at the end of the day if doctor suggests for a csec i will go for that but i prefer to have a natural one

2. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear Sitharaj,

Congrats on the Pregnancy. Good to hear that inspite of hurdles you have made it on your own. I would appreciate if you are a little more specific about how can I help or what is your question exactly?

There is no point of being concerned unnecessarily about the past, focus on the present, whatever fitness levels you can maintain please do so. Whatever form of exercising you can safely pursue please do so, eat healthy; avoid junk food and food which are highly processed.

Normal Delivery is about preparing your body and mind for the process. Strong back, core muscles, pelvic floor strengthening, relaxation techniques during contractions and knowing and understanding the process of labour does tremendous benefit.

All the best…

Take care…

Rakhi

3. dakshata

dakshata New IL'ite

hi,
    normal delivery is always best,u hv to go thru pain only 1 day,but after c-section u wil hv to suffer the pain for ur rest of the life.i m telling this from my exp.after the surgery u wil never get time so that u can take rest but just bear the pain and look after ur baby,its a24 hrs duty,back pain is worst after c-section....hope all this will really make u think twice about c-section..tk cr

4. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Hi Divya, my answer might be a little bit different.

I do agree that normal delivery is how nature intended it to be etc. However, if there is a medical reason & your doc asks to go for c-section then thats the best way to go. I had sudden & severe pre-eclampsia and had c-section at 33 weeks to delivery my baby.

I guess my c-section experience differs from most others who have posted here. Looking back, I feel relieved that i had a c-section instead of a normal delivery. I had no pain during the surgery, i went to the restroom the very next day, and was walking in 2 days. I went for a movie with my DH & MIL on the 5th day after surgery.
    In 2 weeks i was almost as good as normal. Right now i cant even see the surgical incision unless i look very close.

In contrast, my best friend who had her delivery 2 months after me told me a horror story. She was in labor 18 hours and baby had almost crowned, when they had to go in for c-sec. She'd even had an episiotomy (perineal incision) by then. She told me that the c-section pain was much more bearable than the episiotomy, and even 1 month after delivery that cut was hurting her.

This is just my experience.

5. santhoshicsv

santhoshicsv New IL'ite

Hi,

Well yeah, if there is a reason why you will have to take up a C-sec, then there is nothing wrong in it...

My experience has been different from most of them who have posted here. i had and emergency C-sec. but I was on my feet the next day and was able to do everything. There was no pain as far as I can remember. Nil. I was prescribed meds for only 1 wekk and soon after that too there was no pain. I was able to sit down on the floor easily and get up. Give baby bath etc. The whole process went so easy. I dont have back pains. I wud say babck pains come due to wrong posture while u feed or carry the baby or walk or sit etc. Now I am pregnanct for the 2nd time and just 6 weeks more and still I dont have any back pain.
    i think body bounces back to normal as soon as we make ourselves more mobile. The more active we are after the surgery the easier body wil recover. You just shud not lift weights.