brown blood spotting-Pls help me

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by hopesinbaby2010, Feb 27, 2011.

1. hopesinbaby2010

hopesinbaby2010 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

Pls advise me.

I have Gynec appt on Tuesday and I’m on my sixth week. But suddenly friday I had brown blood spotting throughout the day. Then I called the doc office and they replied that as long as ther is no stomach pain and heavy red blood there is no problem. I’m completely on bed rest and they gave me appt on saturday with another Gynec.

But Saturday I have little bit more brown blood as I have to keep the pad. So I kept pad. I went to the doctors office. She did the vaginal ultrasound and she told me there is cyst in the Uterus and I cant see anything. In the gynec office too the Urine test came positive and I gave the blood to check the HCG level and again another blood test will be drawn after 48 hrs to check the HCG level again.

I cried a lot and came home. When I came home the brown blood was very light on Saturday and it stopped on Sunday afternoon.

Pls tell me: Is there any way I’m having a ectopic pregnancy bcoz the doc cant find the sac. And she can only find the cyst.

How to confirm that I’m not having a ectopic pregnancy. But I don’t have any stomach pain or abdomainal cramps or anything.

Pls advice me if there is any uterine bleeding how to find that one too.
    I’m so much scared. Pls help me

2. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

sorry to hear.when i am 6weeks i had brown discharge and spotting.they tested and said normal but in scan only sac seen heartbeat not found finally ended in abortion in 11weeks of mine.
    so for some people this spotting bleeding normal but for some people lead to abortion.bed rest is must but in my condition i am not in bed rest.whether doctor prescribed tablets for you.

please dont stress it may affect baby health.whatever its accept it and be positive.

i will pray for you dont worry your baby will be fine.dont confuse or stress it will affect baby growth.pray to god daily and eat well.

all the best baby dust to you

Be positive you can get second opinion from a well experienced doctor if you wanna to clarify means.thats best now to clear your doubts and worries.be in rest dont forget

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Hopes in baby,
    Just hang in there. Try to calm down. I know its tough in this situation, but try your level best to be positive & relax as much as you can. Take some more days of rest. Eat healthy. Don't stress yourself.
    As long as its brown discharge, you are in the safe region. Same women tend to get it for some time & later it will vanish. Be positive.
    Ectopic pregnancy can be seen in the scan; while you go for the scan or to the gynec, check this regarding this. I hope you will have stomach pain with that if its a bad thing to happen.
    My prayers too see the good things at your end. Hope the next blood test will turn out great!
    Sticky baby dust to you!

4. priya2782

priya2782 New IL'ite

sometimes spotting is not worrisome sometimes it is, I hope things work out well for you, don't worry take heart, wish u all the best

5. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

vasu dear

i too got little brown discharge frequently but my native doctor told dark brown discharge sometimes warning sign too.

hence it depends on our health condition.

In my case what shall i decide about this dark brown discharge

6. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

brown spotting does not mean ectopic all the time.In some cases it turn out to be normal.wait for your doctors words.In the meanwhile,dont strain yourself.have enough fluids and try to be in bed whenever possible

7. kalaprabha

kalaprabha Silver IL'ite

My experience with ectopic pregnancy is i went to the doc in 6th week just because i was having brown discharge without stomach cramps,they couldn't find the yolk sac .Vaginal ulttrasound will not show the foetus in tube.So by checking your hcg levels and yolk sac they decide whether its an ectopic.anyway dont compare my experience with yours you might have something good.Just wait and follow the doc's advice.I did have some stomach cramps only few days after the doc's visit.They gave some pain killers for that.
    Hope your HCG levels come out good.Mine was very high during that time so they did vaginal ultrasound 3 times to confirm ectopic.
    I can understand what your going through now......
    I conceived just after 8 weeks and had a healthy baby girl.

8. Priyankamaloo

Priyankamaloo New IL'ite

plz dont worry , i m 7 week pregnant & in my 5th week i had brown,pink & lots of blood discharge without any cramp......... my gyno told me to wait for a week after a week i go for ultrasound every thing was fine there i hear my babys heartbeat.... & my gyno say that blood was from outside the utras so dont worry take rest with some inj& mecines so dont worry and go for the scan............best of luck