1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bovine Times

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mimur9, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

what A different Day it seems to have been , Mira. glad that you shared it thru pictures with us . I have an aunt of mine who would have loved to come with you ..she is crazy about animals:)

2. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mira..
    thanks for sharing your lovely experience...the farm looks beautiful and the cal was so cute.. basically cows are such docile looking animals.. love them... in mumbai we often have cows near temples and there was one on my way to school and I would feed her grass everyday.. her name was lakshmi..
    by the way I loved that green cabbage..
    K

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Dear

Aruna (yes as they were not ready for harvest),

Pallavi4me, aparnag
    (Glad that I could give you a view of that field),

Ami
    (yes, they need great care. Thank you for sharing your nostalgic moments),

mums,

tanoshii
    [that is why a visit to these places boosts of spirits and bring change in our life, thus make us of some service to others. Plan one near your place and come out with your cherishable moments :) ]

Sudha, (thank you for your support and motivating feedback. [​IMG] )

Thanks pals for joining me :)

1 person likes this.
  4. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Beautiful post Mira :)

Wow. I visualized everything, smelt the dung and green, fresh grass, felt the warmth of a mother and her child's relationship.

Beautiful snaps, interesting animations, smileys. Wonderful post dear.:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Mira very nice post.you have taken me to my childhood days.when i saw the pictures i remembered one white cow which ate Halwa and you won't believe this.we had dairy farm and one of the cow was selected as the best and the gift was a steel vessel.Sweet memories of those days.

6. PriyaKat

PriyaKat Silver IL'ite

I enjoyed reading your report about the bovine times you had. The photo illustrations and emoticons added greatly to the interest of the article. we all live in busy concrete jungles and so it is always nice to have a refreshing encounter with nature and nature's creatures.

7. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Will plan someday Mimur. Once I get back home..Here in London I'd have to satisfy myself with National Geographic, Discovery and Animal planet. :D

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mira dear I felt with you I also visited those places . You have narrated very well with your description , apt smileys and the photographs are well taken.

9. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mira.......

What a lovely post dear......wholesome and complete with the fragrances, "moo"s, photographs and smilies......:thumbsup

I felt as if I was also there with you during the visit........
    Just complete like a glass of whole milk........:thumbsup

You rightly pointed out the fragrance.....it reminded me of my Vacations in Village......the fragrance, the sound of their breath, munching of hay and grass.....:coffee

Enjoyed the post .....and would ruminate it as our bovine friends would....... animated-smileys-animals-028.gif :):thumbsup

10. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Mindi,

Changes need to be brought in to make our journey in the world interesting. Just sharing the pleasure I had with you all. Glad to know that your aunt is also an animal lover. Definitely she will enjoy in such places. thanks for joining me

Hi Kelly,

wow! you had a nice time feeding lakshmi on you way to school eh? Yes I have seen people here feeding them near temples on special days. its always nice to be with them as they don't expect anything from us in return for whatever they give us. In the busy city life we don't get a chance to see the vast field except during our journeys by rail or road. Nice to know about the bovine times you had. Thanks for joining me.

Hi anukarsha, Thank you. Glad to know you enjoyed this virtual trip.

Periamma, Cow eating halwaaa!!! I have seen cows eating the sweet pongal during pongal days but this one is strange! You had a dairy farm, so you would have had a greater loving bovine times! Thanks for sharing those nostalgic moments and for joining me.

Priyakat, yes there are lot of things around us, it is for us to identify, visit them and bring in a change to our routine busy city life. I was happy visiting that place than visiting a mall. Thanks for your nice feedback.