1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Born as a Human Being

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Poetlatha, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

“Being born as a human is the noblest form of all”. Why did people say that...? Well as per my belief, humans have the capacity to think and act accordingly. But do we really make use of our brains to the best possible way? I wonder...

God gave us this beautiful world for everyone to fit in and share and care for each other. But we human beings set boundaries, and create foes instead of friends. Above all, it is so painful when humans don’t respect humans. O boy, I truly despite this category of people. People may be rich or poor, belong to upper caste/class or lower caste/class, be intelligent or dumb, beautiful or ugly, white or black, learned or not, knowledgeable or foolish, but still all are human beings! Hence we should respect our own fellow beings, and work together to benefit each other and live in harmony.

Every single person is born with some talent or skill that he/she is superior than the other. Simultaneously, the person who lacks the same skill is nowhere inferior to the other person. Thereby we need to recognize and acknowledge each person for their individuality. Priorities may differ between individuals that doesn’t mean that they can be authoritative of that particular field in which they excel and insult others who are not familiar or have little knowledge in the same area. Feeling superior, and acting superior breeds contempt and brings disharmony and divisions among fellow beings. Thereby we need to uproot all the negative qualities within us.

First and foremost we are gifted to be born in this world as human beings. That proves the point all humans are equal. Secondly, we are all born to fulfil some task. Thirdly, we all lack something within us and hence we are here to learn that and nurture our soul with the next step of progress to attain Godhead or Mukthi. Precisely, we are all in the same boat. So, my principle is try not to criticize others, neither be snobbish, nor mock others. But try to help each other with all the virtues thou art bestowed with and utilize it to conquer ignorance and inequality within oneself.

Think beyond money and materialism, there is more meaning in life when we avoid the former to dominate our life. Have noble thoughts and ideas and act accordingly to influence others to help each other. There are people who are stingy, frugal, and calculative in this world who are like weeds in the garden. But there are saints seers and herbs too! So, take the best example and avoid the beastly nature of selfishness. Lead a simple life for all we need is three meals a day, sheltered place to stay, and clothes to protect us from different weather conditions. When there are less tensions and worries we can lead a healthy and happy life. Thereby simplicity leads to sublimity. We need to mould ourselves into worthy human beings. For the word human comes from humane. Hence we need to be noble minded.

I truly marvel at people who don’t have enough for themselves but truly and willingly give from the bottom of their heart to help others. A millionaire can contribute how much ever he wants but it cannot equate to the charitable nature of a person who contributes a single penny while he cannot afford for a single meal. He has a heart of Gold. That’s what I’m talking about wealth and knowledge should be shared than being hoarded to help one’s own offsprings. We are all God’s children so we have to share and care and dare not disobey him. Be noble, think noble and act nobly. Be worthy of being born as a Human Being and please do not demote yourself but promote to the next level and evolve your soul!

Poetlatha

8 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Latha dear a thought provoking post for which I will give fb later but now going to nominate

1 person likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Poetlatha,

What a riveting post this is! I pray to the Lord that let your tribe increase and be there in every possible place where humans interact with each other.

"Janthunam narajanmam dhurlabam" - It is rare to have human birth says Adi Sankara in Viveka Chudamani, a crown jewel of wisdom. My Guru said, "The human being is born to learn not to be born again". As you right said, we are here to correct our shortcomings and our purpose is not to find fault of others but to find our own. Self-inquiry is the best way to refine ourselves. When we struggle in forgetfulness ("Maya"), our character gets refined like a gold that gets refined in the fire until the path to the Truth becomes visible.

Our purpose is not to separate but to unite, not to be selfish but to become selfless, not to take but to give, not to accumulate wealth for our own purpose but distribute wealth to the needy, etc. Richest person is the one who is contented and not the one who is wealthy. Learning how to have a manobhava of holding everything in trust, discriminate the transient from permanent, seek bliss as opposed to day to day happiness, achieve equanimity to treat pleasure and pain the same way, reduce the desires and attachments is important.

Our mind has the potential to take us away from the Truth to deep inside the Maya. Once the mind and senses are subdued, they become disciplined and subservient to the spirit residing in us. The body and mind are needed for us to act in the world but we should use them to perfect our character through discipline and rigor. Emotions that is focused on self should be converted using discrimination into emotions that is focused on fellow beings with compassion. We need to learn the art of going over the mind to reach the Abode of peace.

When we mix sugar in the water, we don't see the sugar but water becomes sweet. Similarly, we have to mix love in everything we do and they will automatically become Sathya, Dharma, Shanti and Ahimsa. The life is created, sustained and ultimately merges in love. God created this universe because He wanted to love Himself through duplicating Himself into many. Therefore, where there is no love, there is no life.

The only way, one can overcome dualism is to see the same spirit that resides in us resides in all. Therefore, unity and purity will eventually lead to divinity. Serving the fellow beings with a mindset that it purifies ourselves is the best way to achieve our goal of liberation. I am a firm believer that the benefit of our fine character would remain with us and carried forward to our future lives. It is like depositing in a bank that would allow us to draw after our life. Character is power and character shines so well when we devote ourselves for the purpose of the creation which is nothing but manifestation of divinity.

I have said enough and I will leave other ILites to take it further.

Viswa

4 people like this.
  4. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji Ma and Vishwa Sir,

I really don't know what to say, I'm happy that you both liked this post and thank you very much for nominating.

Viji Ma eagerly waiting to see your feedback. And Vishwa Sir ninga azhaga oru article yaezhuditinga. I need to re-read it to grasp more. I appreciate your detailed feed backs Sir, for you convey more valuable informations to all of us.

1 person likes this.
  5. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Nice one PL.

Man has evolved to negotiate with god - give me this and I shall give you in return something and deposits an advance too.

2 people like this.
  6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Dear Latha awesome post.Every word in your post show the value of Human being.wonderful .

1 person likes this.
  7. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear @Poetlatha,

Avvaiyar said in response to someone asking her a question,"What is the most difficult achievement to achieve, "Arithu Arithu Manidarathal Arithu"(It is very difficult to be born as a human being)

Your thought provoking post brings this out very nicely.

Are we the humans the best of all beings with life? Considering the self destructive and enviro destructive capabilities of humans the answer does not seem to be a simple 'Yes'.

But, sure, we can at least be better human beings as you have pointed out beautifully. By trying to understand the opportunity we have to become one with the creator whose form is Love.

4 people like this.
  8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Out of 84 lakhs of creatures, human life is stated to be the last one and nothing has been added to it later.Human life is the zenith and fullness.Every one knows that man is endowed with manas, buddhi, Chiththa and ahankara(mind, intelligence,reasoning and ego),in an integrated personality and other species have only ego.
    It is our aim to follow sathya, dharma, shanthi and prema and proceed towards real goal of our life.When man was created there remained nothing higher to create.

"Man alone has the chance to liberate himself from the wheel of birth and death,.

.No doubt human body is full of filth, mucus, phlegm and dirt subject to decay and death.But it is only with this body man is able to get knowledge, discriminate power, right vision and so on.
    There are sayings'nara janmam durlabam,'
    'maanidaaraaip pirappatharku maathavam seyya vendum Amma'

Yes, we agree. But when we talk of Human life-that is evolution of human life- we cannot set aside Darwinian Theory of Evolution and 'survival of the fittest 'theory acknowledged by all the scientists of the world.Avatar's purpose 'f 'Dushta nigraha nad shishta paripalana 'also more or less refer to the same.
    When Darwin speaks of morality, there is no objective morality and subjective morality.
    " Ethics ,they say is an illusion fobbed off on us by our genes '.
    As such for Darwinians Hitler was right.Darwin's "Descent Of Man'has a few pages of origins of morality.

"Darwin himself wrote that violence, selfishness, charity, and goodwill are all part of human nature. He hoped that we would choose to act on the better parts."
    Where does this notion of 'better'come from?
    All the character traits love, affection, self sacrifice as well as genocide, rape, theft, murder etc become part of natural behaviours of human beings in their'struggle for existence'.Man chooses which is 'better' for him to survive.Natural selection differs from individual to individual , situation to situation.Natural calamities like earth quake, tornidos lend a helping hand for the 'fittest to survive'.
    Sometimes man chooses affection to win, a nation chooses extremism to win,

It is human nature to follow those impulses and instincts which seem to him the best in a given situation. Who knows it may be Sankara's or Baba's or inspiration from Defence personnel of'hit and throw' strategy.
    For scientists human life is not as precious as it is stated to be. Human life is a production of 'a just chance' process of combination of molecules and it is we human beings who add more value to it than it deserves.

Human life is a beautiful admixture of everything-Good or bad seems to be subjective and relative.

I have just put forth the views of popular scientists of the world ,who have agreed whole heartedly that their views have no bearing on moral values.Definitely not to hurt the sentiments of anyone. Normally I accept views without any prejudice if they are found to be reasonable.

Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Latha dear a thought provoking post and Cheeniya Sir has given a nice reply to our nomination. True being born as a human is the noblest form of all and we should live accordingly and use our life fruitfully and do something in this world . We should leave this world in such a way that after we leave people should remember our good acts .

We dont know how long we are going to live. So we should forget the wrong things done by others and forgive them and forget. No use keeping in mind about the same. Friends are those who are there for us always caring and loving.
    A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.

You are right every person has some talent , some make use of it but some dont know the hidden talents. We should appreciate and encourage the person who is less talented and with the encouragement given by others they will be inspired and use their hidden talent. More than encouraging the person who is more talented if we encourage the person who is less talented they feel very happy and will try to become smart .

You are right those who dont have enough only are ready to help others . Some though they cant contribute money are ready to do selfless service. Wealth does not give happiness , having true friends , helping everyone in need gives happiness

I am just posting two quotes
    “We are not here on Earth to be alone, but to be a part of a living community, a web of life in which all is sacred.Like the cells of our body, all of life is in constant communication, as science is just beginning to understand.No bird sings in isolation, no bud breaks open alone. And the most central note that is present in life is its sacred nature, something we need to each rediscover and honor anew.We need to learn once again how to walk and breathe in a sacred universe, to feel this heartbeat of life. Hearing its presence speak to us, we feel this great bond of life that supports and nourishes us all.Today’s world may still at times make us feel lonely, but we can then remember what every animal, every insect, every plant knows — and only we have forgotten: the living sacred whole.”Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

Take chances ! tell the truth !
    learn to say no !
    spend your money on the things u love !
    get to know someone random!
    say I love u 2 someone in life !
    Feel the true love !
    tell the idiot how he/she hurts you!
    abuse someone who deserves it !
    sit alone,watch the rain !
    laugh till ur stomach pains!
    dance even if you r too bad at it!
    pose stupidly for photos !
    give someone a hug when dey need it & make sure u get one when u do !
    be naughty like a child ! live it,love it

2 people like this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for your like @jskls dear, glad you liked my post