1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Birthday gift for Spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tweety, Dec 27, 2007.

1. PriyaNatarajan

PriyaNatarajan New IL'ite

Hi Saipavani... thats really interesting to know.. :rotflgud effort ..

I arranged for a surprise party for my husband on his last bday. I was not having car on my own. So, i went to the shop by walk to buy a cake for him. it was a 3 mile walk in a cold weather. But i didnt find it difficult. rather it was very exciting for me ( buying a cake n hiding it from him) . Also i purchased a wallet for him when i went for shopping with him couple of days before his bday. but he doesnt know that . I called our friends and arranged a surprise bday party @ home that evening . We went to temple and when we were returning home & opened the door , he was showered with water balloons . he didnt expect that at all .. I also did painting his fav characters in a tshirt and presented him . he had a very gud time that bday . coz that was his first surprise bday party from me . :)

Today is my husband's bday.. yesterday he was kidding me by asking whats the gift , whats the surprise and all .. i baked a cake at home for him ( 1st experience baking a cake on my own) & i presented a goody bag ( as per ilite ladies idea ) which has his favourite things in it. roasted peanuts, donuts, greeting card & a barnes & noble gift card (thought of picking a book for him.. but am not so good in reading books .. so i left it to him ) . Also thought of collecting more gifts in it. but i didnt have time. He liked it very much as he didnt expect these kind of stuffs in it . :biglaugh

Thanks ilite ladies. :thankyou2:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  2. kira1akira

kira1akira New IL'ite

I wanted to surprise my husband by giving him a special present on his b-d.
    Once I stopped by to my friend’s and saw a beautiful painting of her family at the beach hanging on the wall. As turned it out it was not a painting, it was a digital photo turned to the painting on canvas by http://www.photoartomation.com .
    I was really impressed!!! I have sent my husband’s favorite photo tophotoartomation.com
    and they turned it to the beautiful peace of art. You had to see my husband’s happy face when he got it!

1 person likes this.
  3. msiyer2002

msiyer2002 New IL'ite

After our marriage, my wife had brought a big cake for me. Usually, I have never cut cakes in my life. Also she bought a beautiful Greeting Card. The wordings were very touching to the heart. I have still preserve the card given by my wife. Further she also brought Dresses for me.

Even you can gift your hubby something like that. More than the gift, the love what u give him is more important and it is priceless.

1 person likes this.
  4. Uthra21

Uthra21 New IL'ite

You can present a notebook or diary in which you can stick the photos u both took.. like some memories and write some good romantic wordings and present him... i did that. my husband loved it very much :)

1 person likes this.
  5. shakarika

shakarika New IL'ite

Hi all! Lots of great ideas and the treasure hunt is awesome!

I took my hubby on a picnic cum camping trip by the beach. I actually packed a few things in my backpack without his knowledge and brought them out one by one. I cooked some food ( this is a great effort on my part as I don't know/enjoy cooking).... I presented him a book of poems titled 'soul mates' & a bottle of his fav perfume ... and the other stuffs i packed were a bottle of sparkling juice ( as we don't drink alcohol) and 2 champagne glasses, aroma candles & a small cake and made him cut the cake at his exact time of birth. The whole setting was very romantic and my hubby was very touched.

6. palwashah

palwashah New IL'ite

hi all!

my husband doesnt enjoy wen i present him gifts of any kind. i hav made his sketches , he was surprised that moment, he appreciated my artistic capability then he left that sketch rite there, wch i kept in my drawer. i hav made many kind of romantic cards for him but he just sees them ,appreciate n tosses them aside. wen v had a big quarrel last yr, it was like our marriage was abt to collapse, he found out all that stuffs wch i made for him on different ocassions n read all that cards n cried a lot n then he kept all that material in his cupboard. he gves me gift if i insist him otherwise no surprise gifts i hav ever recieved from him. if i gv him clothes he says this u shouldn buy for me, u dont know wat is my choice n bla bla. but wen he puts on that clothe for a party his relatives say, this is ur wife who brings good changes in u otherwise ur dressing sense was poor. anyways, i hav tried a lots of things on his birthday n diff ocassions but he never turns up saying u made my birthday a blast or bla bla. but i keep gvng him clothes , shoes ,perfumes, wallets.....cuz i love gvng him surprises n gifts.

any other idea to make him crazy for my gifts.

SCk likes this.
  7. dollysonpari

dollysonpari Silver IL'ite

How come Home maker's present gift for their DH on their b'day?

8. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

Thanks shakarika :)

9. deva280579

deva280579 Senior IL'ite

Tomm is my wife's birthday

Hi all,

Tomm is my wife's birthday, i dont know what gift i can buy, since i dont have any idea, in the first year of my married life, we have done a cake cutting at 12 o clock, second year also cake cutting and i gifted a mobile, 3rd year i presented a watch and also cake cutting + a picture. But this year my mind is not coming out with any idea, guess there are lot of married women who would have got nice gift from you dear ones. so pls sugg me something?? hurry people!!! Nice sugg will get a wondefull prize too... come on come on

Reg's
    Deva

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  10. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Re: Tomm is my wife's birthday

Hey Deva,
    Nice to see that you are interested in celebrating your wife’s bday by surprising her with gifts!! Not many people do that!! Kudos to you!
    It would be difficult for me to give ideas without knowing your wife’s likes and dislikes. So I am sharing the surprise ways I gifted my husband and he was spellbound each time:
    1. I planted small greeting cards [mebbe worth Rs.5, the small chotta ones] in places which he will not miss to notice [for ex:, in his toothbrush, wallet, in his car keys etc]. The number of cards was equal to his age. He was in for a surprise all throughout the day. For a personal touch, I wrote some loving positives about him and how he means to me.
    2. My husband just adores my daughter. She is just 2.5 years. I made her practice singing Happy Birthday song almost from a month back. I made her sing “Happy Birthday Appa…….” And record the entire song. Then burned it in a CD and put it in his car in such a way that as soon he starts his car, he can hear her daughter wishing her.
    3. We went for shopping before his birthday. He purchased what he required but he had an eye on one Blackberry trousers but due to its cost, he decided against it. We paid the bill, gave it for height alteration and came back home. The shop promised to deliver the goods next day.The next day, I visited the shop, purchased the same trousers he wished for and urged them to alter it rightaway. Being a good shop, they did it right away for me and I just put the trousers in the same bag along with his other clothes. The next day, on his bday, he opened the bag and to his surprise, he found the trouser which he liked the most. He came running to me and said “Hey, you know what?? The shop has messed with the trouser and he said that this might have been purchased by someone else. Luckily they have altered it to my need. I am so confused now..do I have to return it or keep it to myself” I couldn’t stop giggling. Just hugged him and wished him. He was totally taken aback.
    4. I have also given him customized calendars and mugs. Gave it to his office colleague and asked him to keep it in his desk.
    5. Once I couriered the gift to his office without a from address. He was just not able to find out who sent it and he was almsot at the verge of loosing his mind trying to figure out who could it be. But finally he decided that none other than me can do such things and he cornerd me. I did not have a choice but accepted it. It was fun!!
    These are the things that immediately came to my mind apart from cutting the cake. Being a woman, you will also have loads of things to buy.
    Hope my post was of some help to you. It is not the gift that matters!! The way you give it to them is what matters here!!
    Good luck and let me know how you ended up celebrating your wife’s birthday!!
    Cheers
    Uma

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    SCk, VaniVyas, swethareddy86 and 3 others like this.