1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Birthday gift for Spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tweety, Dec 27, 2007.

1. rahul

rahul New IL'ite

Books make good thoughtful gifts.

Also romantic gifts with a naughty note(s).

The usual stuff include the ties, shirts, golf clubs, magazine subscriptions to his fav hobbies etc.

It's always the note with the gift that makes my day. It's always about something that my wife noticed about me, sometimes things I don't consciously know about myself. They are subtle and often not that important but they make my day when she subtly tells me that she knows/noticed it.

One of the memorable gifts she gave me was the book "The Gentle Art of Verbal Self Defense" when I was having a tough time at work with a rather conniving and artful colleague who was very good at (subtle) verbal warfare! Her note said something like: "I know this is gonna make you better at winning arguments with me but still in the spirit of your birthday, I don't mind letting you win a few arguments with me, hon!".

Rahul

2. richard34

richard34 New IL'ite

Hello

Thanks for sharing this. I've some ideas.

• On this occasion, you can throw your husband a surprise party. Invite all of his friends as well as his colleagues. Although this can be time consuming due to planning, the look on his face is worth everything.
    • As we all know some men love to drink and if your man is one of them, a wine set is perfect idea for his birthday. Wine set usually includes wine stopper, wine glass and wine bottle. His favorite bottle of champagne is another kind of gift that he will surely like.
    • If your husband is the type who loves fashion, then it is a good idea to buy him clothes coming from his favorite designer. You could also opt for sunglasses or perfume.
    • If your husband is a sporty kind of guy then you can give him sport related gifts. You might also want to give something that would indulge him to try a certain kind of sport. Sports accessories are also a cool idea.
    • A special trip for the two of you is another good birthday gift idea. If he loves fishing, then a fishing trip is perfect.
    Thanks

3. madhupreeth

madhupreeth Senior IL'ite

Good thread and good suggestions ...
    :cheers

4. PetiteFashionB

PetiteFashionB Senior IL'ite

Bday gift for hubby

Hey frnz..Please suggest me something different for my hubby's bday.
    I have given him almost every thing on bdays..Clothes/perfume...etc though he might like it again ,but i dnt want to repeat.
    He is nt artistic or book-lover guy.I think he has everything he needs..Cellph..ipod.He doest have any such hobby...

5. Muskaan7

Muskaan7 Senior IL'ite

Re: Bday gift for hubby

Hey PetiteFashion,

Maybe you could organize a small surprise party for him, just with close friends and relatives.

Or maybe you could book a room in a hotel in a nice tourist spot and spend a weekend away just by yourselves. Or instead of all that, just a nice romantic candlelit dinner at home with his choicest dishes.

6. sanika

sanika New IL'ite

Birthday gift for hubby

My hubby's bday falls on Nov 11. I am looking for a good bday surprise for him ..maybe just gifts. I will be buying
    a shirt for him ... but cluless about what else I can gift him. Help please !!!!!!!

7. sharanyadevi

sharanyadevi Gold IL'ite

Re: Birthday gift for hubby

Gift him a tie, watch, wallet...
    I gave him a wallet and was happy that he always take it....

8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sanika, For my husbands birthday, last year, I prepared a goody bag for him. In that goody bag I put a few things he holds dear to his heart. Some of them are below:

1. Home Depot gift card
    2. Star Bucks gift card
    3. A magazine about fast bikes (he loves his bike)
    4. Salted peanuts bag (this is his favorite snack)
    5. Greeting card (of course)
    6. A small box of Godiva Chocolates

I also made all his favorite recipes and ordered a cake. You can do something like this.

9. kma

kma Gold IL'ite

Rakhi

Lovely idea! :cheers I was also wondering what to gift my husband and ur idea of a goody bag is just great!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  10. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

hey all

I organized a treasure hunt for my hubby :) . He always asks me.."pavani where is my watch t shirt" etc etc while going to office so doesn't know what is kept where and how many cup boards etc are at home :) ... so i kept small gifts like chocolates , key chain, a greeting etc at different places...made a treasure map using adobe photoshop and placed hints at those places..... and kept nearly 5-6 small gifts and a t shirt and goggles as last treasure :) it took 1 -1.5 hrs for him to find whole thing using the map :p...It was all fun watching him searching nook and corner of the house. I even added puzzles to map and he sat figuring out what those mean to find out where the gifts are :). Later we had cake cutting just two of us . I just wanted to deviate him from the regular monotonous work life and give him some activity to enjoy and relax and laugh :) so organized this treasure hunt

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
    3 people like this.