BIG SWITCH - after 10yrs from stressful MNC to teaching profession???

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Srinidhi007, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Srinidhi,

Appreciate your detailed response to my query. If you find the role very stressful, guess, you make look at other options like teaching, already being discussed, which might offer less responsibilities. Wish you all the best!

2. sindhumanoj

sindhumanoj Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Teaching is equally stressful these days,especially if you handle the higher classes. I sincerely feel that teaching is still considered a noble profession and the teachers are still not paid well(I exclude the elite teaching institutions).The yearly raise is also very low not in tune with the rising costs !!!

Though teachers may leave school by 3.30 or 4 in the evening, most of them carry work home in the form of corrections. Yes the benefit is that most holidays match with that of our children and we can be back home when the children reach.
    Teaching in colleges may not so stressful, as you get enough time to preparation in the college itself.

3. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,

In this competitive modern era, Most Instituitions are Business models rather than the the Social Cause in earlier days, so stress and workload is equivalent as any other job, Any private JOBS - (minus) STRESS is impossible in this current scenario.

Best wishes,

2 people like this.
  4. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

You can take up suitable roles in training and placements with educational institutions. Since u have good work ex, they might find u suitable for being a placement coordinator. You can also think of giving UGC-NET in ur subject and look for options to teach once u clear the exam.

1 person likes this.
  5. Srinidhi007

Srinidhi007 Silver IL'ite

Thanks all for sharing your views...i am still trying to figure out the career for future..... yes, teaching in colleges are much less stressful...but i need to enhance my knowledge level and education before entering into that field, vl try to start slowly, so down the line after 3 yrs, i will change to new role :) i have started my studies slow and steady :coffee!

6. Srinidhi007

Srinidhi007 Silver IL'ite

- thanks a lot Malathi for providing detailed infomration, i would like to choose for teaching colleges
    the suggestion you gave on private tuition is also interesting option!!will think on it!