1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Big Dilemma - Best Place To Start Kids Education?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by ILUser98, Oct 10, 2016.

1. ILUser98

ILUser98 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I have been silent reader of this forum and really love this place.

We are currently in Australia and have a 3+ year old kid.
    I am in a big dilemma regarding which place is better for kids education on long term - India or OZ?

We can be here till he is 6 years old and relocate to India but im worried about his transition to school system there. Getting mixed responses about starting education in India but personally we feel shifting permanently here(OZ) and continuing schooling here requires so much of ground work and we not sure whether it will be worth it.

Please give me your suggestions.. I personally feel relocating to India is better option coz he wont find it difficult for adjusting there after some 2 years of schooling here in OZ. But then i get confused whether im thinking based on my insecurities and comfort zone in foreign country.

Please ladies, anyone been in similar situation and how you guys handled it?

Thanks in Advance :)

2. Narhari

Narhari Bronze IL'ite

Dear ILUser98, I am not very much aware of the education system in OZ, but what I can tell u is, Firstly you have to decide whether you want to inculcate Indian culture into him. Secondly you have to decide whether you want your child to take up a professional course like Engineering, MBBS, or CA etc. If you are OK with any other not so popular courses or believe in going along with the childs interest then any country will do. In India the exposure to practical training is very limited even in IG Schools. Whereas children are even taught basic skills like carpentry in foreign schools. So it is basically culture versus education.