1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bhagavad Gita and how we choose God to play a role in our lives

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by zipzipzoomzoom, Jul 3, 2012.

1. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

I'm still going through that masterpiece, the Bhagavad Gita.

It mentions that God can be a child, as he was to Yasoda.

It mentions that God can be a lover, as he was to Radha.

It mentions that God can be a friend, as he was to Arjun.

In other words, we can imagine how we want God to fill the void in our lives.

Nowadays, I am thinking about matrimony. Even though I am seeing more favorable responses, I still get frightened because I don't know how the person will behave, how the family members will behave.

Then I tell myself to get a grip, and repeat the following in my mind.

"God is my Husband, and my Husband is my God".

Husband doesn't have to be physical, he can be spiritual. And believe me, this calms me down more than any soothing cup of green tea.

When I start to get amused, then excited and then frightened about marriage, I just repeat the following.

"God is my Husband, and my Husband is my God. He is a good Husband who will protect me. He is a good son-in-law who is kind to my Dad."

When I think about the what-ifs, I keep telling myself that no matter what, God is always there, he is permanent.

The people and things and places we enjoy and fear are temporary, but God has always been by our side, and eventually all the people who we loved, who we fought with, who we avoided will all go back and join God.

2. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

In other words, we can imagine how we want God to fill the void in our lives.------ I am loving this! You seem to be making far more progress than a newbie reading it for the first time. Love your introspection and interpretation. You are beginning to see things the right way. I don't think I would ever be able to understand The Gita so well. Happy to follow you on your journey.