1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Best Kind Of Cookware To Buy In India For Healthy Life

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by imhappy, Jul 6, 2016.

1. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

Hi all lovely ladies!

It is a story of beautiful non stick cookwarewhich I bought before a year. I gave them all love, care and wooden spatula cuddles, but they cheated on me then too. Flaky non stick layer, scratch marks appeared just after a year or so.

Drama aside, I now want to invest in good quality cookware which will not be a big warning for my family's health. I don't mind using a bit more oil or cook on med to low temperatures.

I researched quite a bit on health aspects of cookware. Found that nonstick is only good for med to low temp cooking and once scratched its best to discard them.

Best material I think on basis of what I read is stainless steel and cast iron. I have one ultra heavy cast iron flat tawa which I am so afraid of using because dosa sticks on it for forever. It only heats in six inch diameter where gas flame reaches. Outside remains cool and it is so heavy that pakad cannot move it around to get it evenly heated. So frustrated with it, it is rusting in corner of my kitchen.

I want to buy something which will last long. So what kind of cookware do you all suggest for regular dal -sabji making and for dosa, parathas making? I usually make one sabji, one dal and rotis for lunch and dinner is of variety of things.

2. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

And yes I don't want to buy any kind of nonstick cookware at all.

3. imhappy

imhappy Silver IL'ite

Went on with new stainless steel heavy bottomed pans and pots. Also bought clay pots for long simmered dals and veggies and clay tawa for my daily dose of phulka rotlis.

I will also search for good iron dosa tawa when I visit south india big city. I guess I am the only one here who is concerned about what kind of cookware. A matter of perception though.

4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

:lol: I'm not sure what's available where you are but your sense of humor compels me to reply.

IMHO, don't buy aluminum or Teflon cookware. Other than that, most things are fine.

You did well to buy stainless steel and iron. :thumbsup:

If you want non-stick, buy ceramic cookware. It's what I use — at least till they find something wrong with it.