1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Being Cyrus

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Soniya, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Soniya

Soniya New IL'ite

Recently released movie Being Cyrus is an offbeat cinema movie. It is 1 and a half hour long movie with twists and turns. Based on a Parsi family background it shows the lack of trust in the family members. With star cast of Saif Ali Khan, Naseeruddin Shah, Dimple Kapadia, Boman Irani, the movie has come out to be well. Has anybody seen this movie?

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Soniya

My husband saw the movie,loved it. Naseeruddin Shah is supposed to be great as a sculptor. Being Cyrus is apparently making waves in Bombay since it is the biggest Indian English flick. Hope I get a DVD soon. Have u seen Pestomji years ago? That was also Parsi background with Naseeruddin Shah.

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Water

Yes, even I have heard very good reviews about Being Cyrus and plan to watch it at the first opportunity.
    I recently watched Water. It was a beautiful and a very painful tale about widows and their plight and takes place in Varanasi. I wonder if such miseries are still taking place there or if it is a thing of the past.
    I was a child when my great grandmother passed away. I learnt my very first and small slokas from her which I recite to this day. But I still remember that her head was shaved and she wore simple saris and no blouse. It is only when I came to my own adulthood that I realised its real significance and how terrible it must have been for those lovely women who's only mistake was that their husbands died early.
    Water is a well made movie and worth a watch, that is, if you can bear to be depressed!

L, Kamla

4. Nagma

Nagma New IL'ite

Poor review of Being Cyrus

I read a very poor review (just 1 star out of 5) for the movie Being Cyrus in newspaper and hence dropped the plan of seeing it :-(
    Now after reading all these posts indicating good review of Being Cyrus, I feel I missed the movie. I will also check for DVD of Being Cyrus...is it a short 1.5 hours movie in English?