1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Beautiful failure...!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by haagesummane, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear HS
    Thankfully I never faced any interviews, I got direct entry into dad's office..hehe
    The only interview that I had to give was when i had to get admission for my kid in school.
    Yaar HS when such sundar kudi was sitting beside you couldn't you start a conversation with her instead of turning your face here and there??
    But enjoyed reading your article.......

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear HS...,
    Very nice write -up ...Like you have said to Vidu...Everyday wont be Sunday...So good times will come up to you too....But the mentality to enjoy the moment is very difficult n you have it please preserve it....

3. Bpremalatha

Bpremalatha Gold IL'ite

Nice one.. I felt myself in that story.... Really this happens... after that failure ... We too smile and laugh at that moments... Nice one...

4. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

Bpremalathaji,
    but the good thing was that the lady was preoccupied with the shopping mall. Seriously i pray for almighty to not make me so tired if any such casual encounters are destined in future.

vjbunnyji,
    its now been a habit of sharing such incidents(success rate<<failure rate) to my colleagues and they start dictating me that u should hv done so and so. But collectively everybody makes fun of it and i laugh out loud while narrating it.

Arunarcji,
    I still dont understand that the concept of interviewing mother and father when the kid is suppose to study. Imagine a situation where abdul kalam is being interviewed(though he is not married to have his own grandchild) for the sake of some distant grand relative kid. It looks so funny.
    My heart said to start the conversation, but my brain said "look I am not going to release any of the harmones related to this activity. Im too tired and i need rest". I had to agree to it.

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

These interview processes are quite interesting aren't they? One of the best interviews I have ever faced in my life included a similar wait and to my astonishment, I was asked to sit probably about 8ft away from the panel's desk as I was questioned. If I were irritated, angry, agitated etc it was not easy for me to hide that for they were looking for clues in body laguage and evaluating my personality! So when I walked in and assesed the distance between the chair and the panel, I had to take a deep breath promise myself to be in that place, forgetting what I had to do go through to get to that place including the eait and go on! That interview alone has tuaght me more than attending 100 different interviews!

And HS do you know that is how good things like that pretty girl come in life , "hageesummane" - when you least bit expect and am happy to see that you did not let go of the opportunity of atleast enjoying the sight and hopefully relaxing a bit. To me wanting to take a picture to capture that moment is far more worth cherishing than ruining the moment either by talking something (especially stupid, after a long day) or continuing to wallow in the just undesirable event that had occured. Oh BTW though I do not who that actress is or what she looks like, I did for a moment hoped it were that actress :)

PS: I am still trying tomake sense of your signature and am still going :spin

6. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

Sramaji,

How about the interviewer sitting with a chair infront of u without even a space of separation which is always being done by a square or a round table? You literally feel awkward and irritating. This happened to me when i was virtually threw myself out of my home town(a comfort zone) in search of job as a fresher and inexperienced.I agree to a point that after attending some unique interview, u feel very happy though u may not be selected. It again depends on what sort of interesting questions being asked. We learn more there than in our entire journey of obtaining a degree.
    Happiness and surprise comes when we are least expecting it and in my case when Im utmost tired.I would have cherished to take a snap, but how? If i had taken a permission,i had no gaurantee that it will turn into a positive response. I remember a dialogue from a famous kannada movie "Mungaaru male" where a the hero says to heroine "nimmanna pataaysi lofar aniskalodakkintha obba decent huduganaagi idbitre saaku annisbittide kanri". Meaning "Its better for me to stay as a decent boy than to become a lofar by trying on U". By the way the police station was not far from the place where i boarded the auto. However my mobile cam cant capture in the way i want. In one way i have to thank some of the constraints i had at that time.About the actress, u can google her name to find the pictures.

Dont worry about my signature text. Its one of the tongue twister being used in my friend's circle. Its from the kannada movie savari

7. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

HS,

In the initial days of our career we all would be very nervous about facing an interview ...and also the first change in a job ..but as we get experience ...we will know how to manage it effectively .....
    And its not a tough task if we know the job profile for what we have applied and can deal it ..:)

And you have very nicely narrated about your thoughts as you sat in the shared Auto ...

8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sabitha shouldn't we have a discussion on her signature quote...hahaha
    i too noticed after reading your fb about HS's signature.

A real tongue twister, but a nice one

I landed up with this meaning...hahaha
    Preethi loved love,
    for the sake of love and Loved ones Preethi loves them.

9. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

10. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Enjoyed your write up HS.
    I got to attend only one interview only to face a different embarassing situation than the usual painful ones.
    As I entered into the chamber, the first question I had to face from the interviewer with a broad smile on his face was this. "Did you remember me?":shock:

I had to scratch my mind Witsend for a minute only to say a BIG NO.

Actually he was my senior who tried to his best to make me sing during our one month ragging period and could not succeed and so finally lent out all his grudge by designing a program specially for during the welcome party to our freshers.:bonk

I was scared actually when I said NO expecting some negative effect on my interview but luckily he laughed out saying - "It's quite common for you to forget so easily as it was me who got to suffer a lot in the process of making you sing a song during ragging.":hide:

But anyhow I could not accept the job from him as I had to move abroad with my DH.

Anyway, though you had a bitter experience with your interview you got to get allured by a cute experience with the girl. Hope that should have took away all your sickness with the bitter interview and prepared you for another fresh interview.:thumbsup

Regards,
    Latha.