1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Batteries for Indian Watch

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by satsha, Jun 30, 2009.

1. satsha

satsha New IL'ite

have few watches (Titan) from India. Where do I get batteries and who can replace them ? I tried at Walmart/Target and they told they do batteries only for the brands they sell. Any idea ?

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

There is a size number printed on the battery itself...find out what that is and then go to RiteAid, Walmart, or a jewelry story and see if they have that. If that doesn't work, try to find on the internet. If that doesn't work, have someone send from India...mail should be cheap.

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Satsha,

Try to find in any watch shop in malls...they should be having.

Even my hubby's Citizen watch battery has got down, when i tried in one they said its 25$with 5yrs warranty.. we both felt its toomuch.....

I kept searching in malls whenever i go during weekends, finally got in one shop for 12$.

All the best.

4. satsha

satsha New IL'ite

Thanks. I will look for something in mall around..I guess $12 is also too much one if the watch. One watch is very cute from my marriage and I guess it should be around Rs/- 800 :)...Anyways, as I like it, I will go for it if I get something around $10-12.

5. tashidelek2002

Usually watch batteries that are sold are Rite Aid are around $3 each. They have a lot of sizes there, also at Walmart you have to know the size number.

6. satsha

satsha New IL'ite

where do I find numbers on my watch battery ? Can I do it at home by myself or if I go with right kind of battery, someone at watch store will help me out ?

7. tashidelek2002

It depends on whether you can get the back off your watch yourself or if you need someone with a jeweller's knife to get the back off. If you have a waterproof watch which has a special gasket then I would have a jeweller take it off and put it back on. Once the back is off, you will see the battery in there and just remember which side is facing out. Take it out and there will be a little number (and I mean little!!) carved in the casing of the battery. Take this battery and write down the number and go to the store and see the assortment of batteries and match it. There will also be a voltage on the battery and in a worst case scenario you will be matching to one of same size and voltage. If you have a lot of watches that you use, you can buy a jeweller's knife on eBay. Also if you have a lot of watches, put out the pin to disengage the power when you are not using and you will save battery life. Let me know if you need further info.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2010