1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bad Diaper Wound 2 Month Old! Help

Discussion in 'Infants' started by shwetapj, Dec 24, 2016.

1. shwetapj

shwetapj Silver IL'ite

My DD is 2 months old and had develop diaper rash and they are like red spots like wound caused by frequent pooping. Doc suggested to apply siloderm cream thrice a days and b4nappy after every nappy change. I started applying yesterday but of no help.

Please suggest solution for this

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. It is unfortunately like a rite of passage, i suppose, to get diaper rash :(

You could give your child a bit of I diaper free time during every change. That's of immemse help for healing.

Use warm water and cotton wool to clean the area - you could even wash gently and pat dry instead of wiping the rash. Then let the bottom air out.

While using barrier cream, use very little amounts to cover the rash in an extremely thin layer because too much cream prevents the nappy from properly absorbing moisture which ends up irritating the rest of the areas and making it worse.

Hang in there. This too will pass. Xx

3. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

You can apply coconut oil to the affected area. It is very soothing and should heal her sensitive skin.
    I didn't use any cream for my both kids. Just coconut oil applied every time before putting on the diaper.

tcbhuvana likes this.
  4. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Keep her diaper free for 3-4 hrs and apply coconut oil. This should help to heal the diaper rashes faster. I am not sure if you are giving oil massage to your baby, if yes please use coconut oil. This will prevent all skin rashes and allergies. Also keep changing your baby diaper at frequent intervals preferably every 3 hrs during day time

yellowmango likes this.
  5. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Diaper rash is a common thing with these young infants. When you give your baby a bath , air her bottom half for sometime. Bring a mild diaper rash cream and apply before putting her in a diaper. Do it everyday for a few months . Once she is 6 months you shud be fine with just airing.Good Luck.

6. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

You have to wash your DD with Dove Baby Wash or something similar everytime you change her diaper. Apply Vaseline on the affected area and fasten the diaper loosely, making sure the diaper does not rub against rash. It should go away within a few days.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  7. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,

Are u in India and working? Vaseline is great for diaper rashes and there are some diaper cremes are available which heal out fast. In US, I would recommend aquaphor over vaseline and destin and burt bees diaper rash cremes.

If you are not working, and you kid is at home, then you can keep her diaper free till it heals. I know its more difficult in winters when its cold and kids will go more but there is not much option. If you are at home, probably, you can try taking kid to pee/poo frequently ( like our parents took us you know) . That would reduce diaper time.

Also you can vaseline her area before diaper on.

cliona likes this.
  8. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I second the above opinions of coconut oil and diaper free time. Also look for modern cloth diapers. It really helped my son as it was natural cloth the diaper is made of.

yellowmango likes this.
  9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Coconut oil works wonders.
    If possible expose effected area to sun for some time.
    Wash the baby with warm water rather than wipe and keep baby without nappy as much as possible.

MNR likes this.
  10. tcbhuvana

tcbhuvana Gold IL'ite

From my experience, I feel castor oil 3/4 drops a day and diaper free time works wonders..