1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby Refusing Bottle

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Sansa, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Sansa

Sansa Silver IL'ite

My baby girl is 8 weeks old and she is ebf. I need to go back to work in a month or two and I tried to introduce bottle with expressed breast milk. The minute the bottle is in her mouth she screams bloody murder. My husband tried it and we tried with warm milk, cold milk and 3 different bottles the reaction is same. Unable to bear the screaming I breast feed her after trying the bottle. Any idea or experience on the same to introduce a bottle?

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Try from tommee tippie bottles , their shape is closest to nature . Mine one only started bottle milk from that , we tried that after she refused all bottles . Hope that helps .

Sansa likes this.
  3. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

I used Philips Avent bottles for my kids and they were fine with it. It's not so much about the bottle. Just give it a few days and offer her bottle regularly but don't force it. She is only used to nursing so it will take a week or so to get a hang of bottle. Also, ask your hubby to feed her with bottle. She knows you have something better than bottle so she will demand nursing. If it's your hubby or nanny, she will accept it without much fuss.

Sansa likes this.
  4. toddler20177

toddler20177 New IL'ite

Hello

I am not sure if initially mixing some formula with milk would be a good option. May be if she finds taste of bottle content a little better, she can continue on bottle

Thanks

5. Sansa

Sansa Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    Just an update to this thread. My little bub is 6m old now and Im pumping exclusively and giving her bottles. The transition was not easy but we tried giving bottle nipple just to suck to see which nipple she prefers and then we found out she took bottles when the milk is warm, (even if its fresh expressed milk, I warm it up a little). So we got a bottle warmer and now we have no issues with bottles. Thank you all.