1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

At The Right Time

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Oct 18, 2016.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,

After a long time I'm going to try my hand in serial story. Wish me luck in the journey.
    Please read along and give me your precious feedback.

kaniths likes this.

2. blackbeauty84

Chapter-1

'It looks even better and grand now', Jai mumbled himself as the chauffeur drove him inside the gated community.

Let this new place bring me peace of mind, Jai said a silent prayer as he got down the car.

After spending more than twenty years in Singapore, Jai just moved back to chennai. When he told the other directors that he wanted to shift to Chennai permanently, they were initially shocked but easily accepted his decision. Jai knew that his company will do anything for him and will stand by him during his tough time.

'Good morning Sir, Welcome to the New life villa', greeted the villa manager, Shankar. He handled the post sales team of the villa and helped Jai in furnishing, decorating and moving to the apartment.

'Good morning Shankar'

'Happy to see that you are moving in sir. Here is the villa key. It has been cleaned and vacuumed yesterday. Also I have found a domestic help for you sir, will send her in another one hour so that you can interview her.' Shankar told Jai proudly.

'Thanks Shankar. I know I can rely on you. I will get settled now' . Jai bid him good bye and went inside his villa.

Jai admired the interior designer's work as he entered the villa. The furnishings were minimalistic, but comfortable and cozy as he specified. He sat for few minutes in his garden, this will be the perfect place to start the morning he thought himself.

He felt a stab of pain as he entered the master bedroom.

Do I need a 650 sqft master bedroom. May be I should swap it with one of the boys!

Jai wanted to buy a single bedroom apartment but his eldest son Shrikanth was relentless.

'Dad ,you are managing director of one of the biggest software company in India. You cannot settle in a single bedroom house' he told him firmly. This villa was Shrikanth's choice. His younger son Sriram too loved it.

Jai shared excellent relationship with his boys. His eldest son Shrikanth is extremely matured and intelligent. Both the boys were doing their engineering in a premium engineering college in Coimbatore. Jai relocated to Chennai so that boys can visit him frequently.

Jai was looking at his reflection in his dressing table mirror where he heard few voices. His room was pool facing and the voices were heard from pool.

“No Vivaan. That's enough” a woman was arguing with her son.

“Mummy please”..... cajoled the small son.

Jai felt a pang of jealousy. His wife never played with kids nor took interest in them. She didn't even give them the basic care that they deserved. His kids were primarily brought up by the grand parents. She was neither interested in me nor the kids but at least I can forgive that..What he couldn't forgive was....it brought him back the flood of memories he badly wanted to forget.

contd....

sindmani, PoojaShah, Rihana and 3 others like this.
  3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi BB
    Nice beginning of the story... Will look forward for the next part.

4. blackbeauty84

Thank you for the feedback Arunarc. Hope the story is upto the expectations.

5. srilaxmi

srilaxmi Silver IL'ite

a quite different story .... waiting to know

6. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Hey Nice start....

7. blackbeauty84

Thanks Srilakshmi. Will post next chapter in few days

8. blackbeauty84

Thanks Aarthi!! Aarthi is one of the character name in my story!

aarthi28 likes this.
  9. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Hi BB,

A wonderful start of the story ..All the very best to you .. and thanks for giving us a story.
    Waiting for the flashback of Jai and family...

--PS

10. blackbeauty84

Thanks for the warm wishes peddadas. Will post next chapter in a day or two.