1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Arranged Marriage but madly in love

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by shimjamun, Nov 16, 2013.

1. shimjamun

shimjamun Junior IL'ite

Hi,

Recently We got engaged - Its an arranged marriage. Though its an arranged marriage, the guy was finalised by me. I sent the request to him in matrimony, checked horoscope and made it happen as am not lucky to make things happen from my family side :)

Our First Meet and marriage Arrangements:

We first met on starting on May month, he came from Saudi to meet and make wedding to happen. He mainly cares about his friends so he delayed our marriage for 8 months and now our marriage is on mid of Feb.

We personally did so many marriage arrangements, starting from our first meet, engagement things, register marriage (yes, now am legally married) and till the marriage dates and arrangements.

About Me:

As i said earlier, Am not lucky enough to make my marriage things arranged by my parents as they are not much interested or i really dont know. Since my childhood, i love my husband inorder to forget the parents side pain. I was desperately waiting for that special person to come in my life. I madly think, I would be happy once my husband comes in my life that he will takes care of me :) Finally he came :)

Our Engagement Life:

We got engaged in the mid of Sep and got register marriage too. He moved his job to offsite and joined in the place where am working. I was really happy when he joined in the place where am staying but...... We rarely meet, we rarely spend time, we rarely speak over phone.

My Expectations:

I never desired to own a bungalow or brand new car or costly outfits or lots of jewelleries. My expectations are I want to meet him, i love to spend time with him, i madly want to speak to him (though dont hv anything to speak :D )

I always call him, I always go to his work place to meet him (though it is far), I asked him to take me out (Once, now a days am not asking)

He always takes me out with his friends, we rarely spent time with each other. Even in bus, we go like a co passenger. When i asked him to spend time with me alone because we need privacy to speak many things - he said why do we need privacy??? I felt embarassed :(

But he loves me a lot that i am damn sure and at the same time he is not expressive where as I am very much expressive :( He always tells that I have over expectations.

He never pampered me, he never messaged any flirtatious messages, I care him a lot but he does not like tat, I give more importance to him - he always tell give importance to all, not only to me.

Am I crazy ???? Why am i like this? Now, I feel bad for me..

What should I do?? How to be happy with my husband? Am i expecting too much? we are totally different :(

Help me pleaseeeeeee

2. TheAlchemist

TheAlchemist Silver IL'ite

Congratulations !!! All your expectations seem normal. Looks like an issue with timing.

If I understood correctly, though you are legally married, your families are not aware of this fact. I think so because you mentioned marriage will be in Feb 2014. Maybe he is "conscious" of this "secret" and wants to play it safe till you formally get married.

2 people like this.
  3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

congrats on your engagement/marriage...........so you are legally married but will be doing the traditional ceremonies in Feb.you & your spouse are in same city but live separately as you both are waiting for traditional marriage .Am I right?

well,the 1st thing is not to expect too much & compare yourself with anyone,movie stories or friend's married-engaged life...............when you don't compare ,you take everything with open mind............

2ndly ,you & your parents don't seem to have very good relationship & now,you expect your too- be to make up for all the loveless years you had since childhood.it must be putting too much pressure on the guy & we all know that love can't be extracted........remember the song'dheera dheera ho jayaga pyar.......so love will come but slowly .

lastly,it is a arranged marriage set up so the guy still has to understand you .give him time........call him often ,arrange for a date,send cards & let him know what you expect from him................like tell him you want him to call tomorrow...........

men needs lots of hints & unlike us females are not perspective.............give him & yourself some time.

3 people like this.
  4. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

Shimjamun, for me, being "madly in love" means exactly that - I don't know anyone who was unable to show affection or be romantic while simultaneously claiming to be madly in love (unwilling, maybe, but that's another story). This is a concept that is, for me, independent of marriage (arranged or otherwise). It is possible for two people to be madly in love and not married, while it is conversely possible for two people not to be madly in love (or even a little bit in love) and married.

People who enjoy semantics might point out that being in love, and loving someone (out of duty, habit, expectation, obligation, etc.), are actually two very different states. The romantic in me agrees with this potentially very annoying distinction. I am not sure that I would make a distinction along gender lines, though. Men and women are surely equally capable of being in, and showing, romantic love. I find it problematic to conclude that men are chronically and characteristically disabled in this domain. I hope there are men out there who would agree with me, since sexism in any form should be unpalatable.

2 people like this.
  5. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Please share what your problem is so that people can help you. You love your husband. He also loves you. He is not as expressive as you are? Is it your problem?

I guess you are newly married with not many responsibilities. Just enjoy it while it lasts. Very soon, both of you will come out of this bubble and need to think about finances, retirement, kids etc. Do not over think and have fun.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Going by some threads here, and also prevalent stereotypes and statistics, if an about to be married guy does not show an interest in physical intimacy (of the most mild, modest kind), it should raise some warning flags or give reason to pause in the wedding shopping.

Even if the guy is a good boy who wants to wait till the wedding for everything, if he is not at all desiring any private time with fiance/new wife, does not engage in any flirtatious/suggestive talk, it is very odd.

6 people like this.
  7. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

You said you both go out with his friends. In those outings, does he give more importance to them than to you? Does he respect you in front of them or he totally ignores you?

If he is too much into his friends then it may become a huge problem afterwards. I am not sure why he can't go out with you alone?

Ask him why he chose to marry you? Maybe that will get some clue in what he is looking for in his wife.

8. shimjamun

shimjamun Junior IL'ite

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply :)

Alchemist: Yes, you are right.

Akansha: he is very good in romance but he wants to do everything after marriage. He doesnot send any heart or lips smileys also. When i asked him, he said this should not be sent before marriage. :) :D getting a good guy is so difficult but it is so difficult to handle him :) One thing i should tell, i am not expecting s** now but a kind of love thats it.I hope you people understand tat.
    When he is with his friends, he takes care of me, he gives more importance to me. he notices me :)

MahajanPragati : Yes, sometimes i compare me with others. how others love, how others enjoying.. because those things i was expecting, when others tell about there love story and romance, I start feeling bad. :(

More About him:
    He is short temper and have attitude...like keela vizhundhalum meesai la man ottala :) (Means even he falls down, mud r sand dint stick on his mustache) He always says that I am childish, not matured yet. He speaks normal in groups. He loves to be in big gang.

9. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Okay shimjamun

Look here....
    now look at the picture given below and tell me whats the color of the glass

Glass-of-Water-1.jpg

Is it pink or white??? or no color at all???
    :biggrin2:

Naah no kidding :bonk:

Shimjamun
    I hope you understood what i meant.Take out those rosy pink glares that you are wearing,only then you'll see the real picture.

I have seen many gals enter a wedlock with their wide and dreamy eyes.And soon they see their dreams come crashing down with a loud thud.
    Yes you are expecting too much.Just because other couples hold hands while walking together dont assume your husband too would be comfortable doing it.
    Guys can be shy too.

The real romance in a marriage especially in arranged marriages, comes after an year....when you both would have adjusted yourself in this relationship.Now thats completely my opinion based on MY experience.:lol:
    When the comfort level increases the love and romance increases.
    kapish amigo???

Now stop worrying shimjamun.

Chalo buh bye

bie1

3 people like this.
  10. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

No you are not crazy. Your expectations are not off-scale. Let's say you are right in your perception that he really loves you. Then this becomes a matter of communication. You are asking for something that's important to you, but not being heard. He wants to stick to his vision of what a couple "ought" to do. Maybe it's a simple matter of his being unable to step out of his comfort zone, to be demonstrative in a way that you want. Maybe he is insensitive & unable to hear you. Maybe he is one of those people who needs clear instructions. Maybe he needs time. Maybe he is rather old-fashioned and wants all expressions of intimacy to wait until the formal ceremonies are over. I am unable to tell, but no matter what the reason, it's important that he at least meet you half-way or explain his choices in a manner that is reassuring to you.

However, none of this can be resolved without private 'couple' time. So if you perceive yourself as 'totally different' and seek to find a common wavelength, that is what I would suggest you focus on - finding time together, just you two. It is important for almost any relationship that the other person be the sole focus of attention once in a while. This is how relationships are burnished and reaffirmed. Maybe it will happen somewhat 'automatically' when you guys start living together. Yet, you must find a way of making yourself heard.

It is OK for him to be different as long as he is 'teachable'. Leave him alone for a while, see if he comes to you.

2 people like this.