1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are fights healthy between a couple? - What are your views?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sahmaara, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Sahmaara

Sahmaara Bronze IL'ite

Do you ladies believe in the saying "Love strengthens when there is/are fight(s) between a couple"?

Here is my take on this:
    I strongly believe in "Ignorance in bliss". I also believe that people always say the truth when they are drunk or when they are in anger. So, when a couple fights, the partner(s) say bitter things about each other, that the other partner would not have imagined. So, its better to be ignorant about what bad things your spouse "actually" thinks about you, and enjoy life. So, fights never strengthen, only weaken, a love bonding between partners.

What do you ladies think?

2. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

Small quarrels make life interesting. They stimulate the fire in the relationship and most times end up rekindling the receding or lost emotions.
    Of course say bye to ego before any quarrel.

3. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

I have seen a lot of dog-fights on the street. And so is the same at home. At each other's zone, when one trespasses, the other dog which owns fights with full fury and wins.

4. achedere

achedere Junior IL'ite

It depends on the intensity and topic of the fight.

When my parents fight, (which they so almost everyday) I keep swinging my head like a viewer of a tennis match. Again by end of day they are okay as if nothing happened. I am the bakra in between!!

Its a different story with my husband and me. Since we are two strong independent individual, none of our idealogies match. (ous is love marriage). We are okay and manage things around.

I think as long as there is no ego involved, anybody can patch up no matter how big or small fights are!

This is marriage all about!!! Love your partners strength and weakness too!!

5. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

6. RagaPrasanna

RagaPrasanna Platinum IL'ite

Yes.. I too think it weakens the relationship atleast until it is resolved. In my case, after a fight or after I get disappointed with DH for something, how much ever I avoid, evils take control of my mind.. :evil: I will lose interest in everything, cooking/cleaning etc.. I wouldnt talk to him properly.. I will ask myself why to cook for him..?! I know that is too bad but I am being very frank here... I'm learning on how to put away these thoughts and how to be calm and cool all the time..

But after the fight is resolved, we will be normal (after a few hours/days depending on the intensity of the fight) and we will be all loving and happening!! :)

7. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Nope Not healthy!

Not just for husband-wife relation - holds true for any relation.

8. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

We may all be defining a fight in different ways. In any relationships there are disagreements and arguments. I consider fighting something that happens when the purpose of the disagreement is forgotten and it is more about hurting the other person, lessening ones own hurt by saying or doing something in revenge and winning.

Whereas disagreements and arguments are about explaining one's view point and the reasons for it. People are not clones of each other and do not have same view point. One needs to argue or disagree to understand the other's standpoint, what decision to make together and move on.

Fighting is not healthy in any relationship whereas the other two are inevitable.

9. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

The above said ability to shed hostile feelings out...........and the capacity to build neutral feelings first..........and then, good will and love arise again..............this is the most important thing............very few couple, probably learn this art.

Others allow the mutual hostility to build up.........up and up.

But, whatever group the couple belong to ...........the former or the later one, fights are inevitable. They are bound to happen, sometimes.

10. Sahmaara

Sahmaara Bronze IL'ite

This brings me to my next part of the question -
    Do you say sorry to patch up or do you still go to clarify what you wanted to say and what was understood by him/her (in case of a misunderstanding)? Is it worth to clarify the matter or just say sorry and move on?