1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone with Migraine?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Marun, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,

Want you guys to pitch in if you are suffering from migraine.
    I am also suffering from one rare kind of basilar migraine with Aura. So just wanted to know how many have migraine and of what type and what you do during extreme conditions.

About me:
    Basilar Migraine with floaters - Taking Valparin

Cause:
    Genetic / Stress

Cheers.

2. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

I have struggled with migraines for a long time and could not figure out what caused it. Finally now I know. I live in a place where winters are cold and harsh. I have what is called a seasonal migraine. That which one gets when they move from cold to warm and warm to cold. So when I am in a heated building all day and step out into biting cold and then into a heated car....so on and so forth, i get migraines. I cover my head and ears to minimize exposure. I take Excedrin migraine but i read somewhere that if u take too many of those eventually your body gets used to them, immune to them and stop working. so i bear the pain as much as possible until i no longer can at which point i take the med. Applying cool pack or applying head ache balm and sleeping and my husband massaging my head till i sleep helps.

1 person likes this.
  3. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

aamrapali,

Thanks for your response.
    We both sail in the same both. Not with the migraine type but with respect to the onset of headache. I never take tabs as thinking that we will get used to it and addicted. I manage to live with it now.

4. nalinidiv

nalinidiv Platinum IL'ite

I am suffering from migraine for the past 6 years.. bright lights and loud sounds are the triggers for me.. and if am stressed out .. dats it am done... most of the time migraines dont reduce even after vomitting :(.. took tablets but found a hell a lotta side effects for these ones.. so stopped takin dem..i plan my work to avoid such simulating environment.. regularly do pranayama.. and now 80% of the occurances have reduced :) please try pranayama its highly effective...

1 person likes this.
  5. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Hi nalinidv,

Sorry to hear that you had vomiting. I am also quite sensitive to light. Some foods also take toll in some occasions like old cheese and stuff. Coffee is a big no for me.

I just take milk for the past 1 year.

6. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

When any pain in body goes beyond the bearable extent vomitting occur. I too suffer from migraine. But frequency has reduced considerably with me avoiding all the triggering factors. Even gas build up trigger migraine. But sometimes, the pain goes beyond the limit and I had to rush to hospital to get a shot of painkiller through IV.

7. rajikaran

rajikaran Silver IL'ite

hi
    i used to have frequent migraines when i was studying...now thevfrequency is less...but any stress brings it on...i take brufen and then sleep for a while...flunarizine can prevent migraines..but it may make u drowsy...
    regards
    raji
    e

8. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Hi Mimur,

Sorry to hear about your pain. At what age did your migraine start?

rajkaran,
    I used to have flunarizine tabs. Now stopped them. Yeah, that makes us drowzy and we sleep like snail. I don't take stress anymore. :)

9. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Migraine is the worst thing that has happened to me. Changing temperatures ie from a/c to bright sunlight or vice versa and over stress and tension are the triggering factors for me. I have never taken any pills but I apply zandu balm which always works for me. I apply this balm just to get relief. My pain will be there for a particular time mostly until I get a whole night's sleep .

1 person likes this.
  10. VaniVyas

VaniVyas Platinum IL'ite

Hello,

My mother was suffering a lot from Migarine due to stress. By god s grace now she s better. It is good to eat Big banana ( the one used in kerala - Aithapazham ) i dont know correct spelling, it s a big and fat bananan. It contains lot of pottasium s o its consumption will help to reduce migarine.

1 person likes this.