Anyone learning Japanese?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by tanoshii, Jan 23, 2012.

1. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    I was wondering if anyone in the forum is currently learning Japanese.
    We lived in Tokyo for a while and its been 3 years since I stopped with the language learning. Now I am trying to get back at it and just need a little more push with it. If anyone else is studying basic level Japanese and you'd like some company with it I'm all in.

Right now I'm studying via correspondence from Kumon. FYI the fee is just a little extra as compared to going to the class directly. Its the postage alone that is charged extra. And if you can read and write already, this is really good cos its Native school portion that you learn and no the same old Konnichiwa and Hajimema****e that you learn as a tourist/visitor.

2. nandi

nandi Senior IL'ite

Dear Ms Tanoshi
    i am interested in learning japanese language. i did a short term course in japanese in the university here in kochi. almost some years ago. now i have almost forgotten . my problem was also that i couldnot practise and needed some motivation.i can read and write hiragana so how do you do this correspondence study ? can we interact?
    thankyou
    best regards
    nanda

3. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hi Nandi,

Happy to see someone respond. since you already do know the script, you can call Kumon in India. Kumon India for more info.
    They have branches all over the world. They usually teach Maths and English but Japanese is also available in a few centres. If its not possible to find a centre near you, you can opt for correspondence, which after trying seems a lot easier for me now.

There are usually other places too where you can start learning the language.

And yeah, I would like to keep in touch. I'll PM you my contact details. It would be good if I had someone to study with.

4. nandi

nandi Senior IL'ite

Dear Tanoshisan
    i didnot receive your pm since i am not eligible for receiving pm in this forum.
    i think there is only kamun centres in delhi?do you do correspondence from delhi?
    regards
    nanda

5. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hi Nanda,

I study in Kumon in London now. Earlier I was with Kumon in Tokyo.
    You can try calling them at the Delhi office and find out more about the course structure they offer.
    Usually the fee is also quite reasonable. For correspondence, they'll charge only the postage extra.

6. gaya3s

gaya3s New IL'ite

Hi Tanoshi & Nanda,
    I would like to join you both :cheers
    Years ago I learnt basic japanese from Indo - Japanese center (chennai)
    But I lost my touch.
    I'm not interested in joining a course again, unless I can practice regularly with somebody.
    How are you planning to discuss in this thread?

Thanks,
    Gaya3

7. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hi Gaya3s.

Glad to hear from you. I am currently studying Japanese via Kumon. But I do plan to write the JLPT exam this year or maximum next. If you can catch up via a messenger or email, we can discuss the portions and other stuff.

We can also try setting targets here everyday or every week depending on what level we are in and get back with doubts or queries. I am sure it will help get farther with some motivation. I know I'll study better if I know someone else is also trying as hard with me..lol

8. gaya3s

gaya3s New IL'ite

Dear Tanoshii,
    I think I have some restrictions in doing a PM.
    Could you PM me your email, So I can mail you and lets discuss on this?

Regards,
    Gaya3

9. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hi Gaya3s,

I have sent you a PM. Hope to catch up soon.

10. Sabitha

Sabitha Gold IL'ite

Hai Tanoshii-san,

This is Sabitha, Chennai. I am also very much interested to learn Japanese Language. I finished JLPT3 in 2008. I am planning to write next level exam in the month of june / December 2012. Not to start to prepare. After seeing this thread I am very happy.
    :clap I too join with you.

domou arigatou gozaimasu.

sabitha purendran
    :thumbsup

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012