Anyone from Kenya?

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by Induslady, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Highhort

Highhort New IL'ite

Hi all,
    My name is bharathi and I live in bangalore. By 2010 June I'm planning to move to kenya because my hubby is already working there. Can anyone tell about the town called Nakuru in Kenya.

Regards,
    bharathi

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Hi BHarati,

Nakuru is a small town, its 2hrs drive from Nairobi city, Its a laid back town and no cinema halls or anything it is small, if you have lived in Bangalore a city then it would be a difficult to adjust though is nice and peaceful
    There a lot indians there, tough i do not stay there as i stay in Nairobi and do not have any relatives there.

love
    alpa:cheers

3. bhansnig

bhansnig Senior IL'ite

Hi Alpa

I will be moving to Kenya in December. My husband is taking a job there. Please let me know about Nairobi. Thanks in advance

4. remmiya

remmiya New IL'ite

Hi Alpa,
    My name is Ramya and I am planning to move to Kenya with my family by next year in Feb My husband has got a job there... But really worried about the security issues. Is it that bad as projected by media and in internet articles? I have also read about carjackking and kidnapping of adults as well as chidren happen there very often. Can you pl give me some advise on this? The company is giving accomodation South C since it is very close to my husband's office. How is this area?
    Thank you.
    Ramya

5. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

Dear remmiya,

Nairobi is not bad, you haveto be careful at night, you can go out that is fine. South c is a indian area and you will like it, media will talk about anything, Naiobi is very nice,there is a big supermarket in that area and there is capital centre in that area which is a shopping mall it has cinema halls too

you will like it

love

6. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

HI bhansing,

Nairobi is very nice place good climate we get all indian goceries here you can bring your masalas if you like, which area will you be staying in.All indian shops are in Parklands, there is diamond plaza its mini mumbai.
    most population is indian here so you will be ok.
    love

7. remmiya

remmiya New IL'ite

Hi Alpa,
    Really nice to see your reply and thank you for the same. You have said that it is not safe to move at night... So that means is it really very dangerous to move at night since we are given car by the company and also in case of any emergency what should we do?
    I have 2 kids (my son is 6 yrs and daughter is 3 and half yrs old) . Are there any good schools in South C can you pl guide me on this.
    How is it safe for a women to drive a car there becasue my husband's company is willing to give a car to me also provided I drive it. I have read that there are carjackking and kidnapping taking place there hence i am not so very confident to drvie the car there. Can you guide me in this too.
    Regards
    Ramya

8. remmiya

remmiya New IL'ite

Hi Banumati,
    Good to know that even you are going to Nairobi.. I would like to know your experience when you reach there since I will be following you soon may we next year in Feb.
    Thank you and pl do lemme know,
    Best wishes,
    Ramya

9. mulani

mulani New IL'ite

Re: Indians in exotic places?

hi this is aami from Pakistan,...welcome to all here,..

10. Nazzima

Nazzima New IL'ite

Re:I m from Kenya

Hello Ladies!
    I m Nazzima from Mombasa, Kenya born and brought here. I did my schooling and working all my life..Anyone wants to know more information would like to be friends please do :)write to me.All welcome! yours sincerely Nazzima