1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody needs DENTAL ADVICE, can ask, I am here to help !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by veena123, Nov 3, 2014.

1. thenmozhi07

thenmozhi07 Silver IL'ite

thank u veena
    for the present cavities what can i do...i want to stop its further developement.

2. veena123

veena123 New IL'ite

Hi,
    If you already see some black stains or holes in her teeth, i would advice you to get her tooth fillings done to restrict the decay from spreading further, otherwise good brushing (twice daily) is enough to maintain her oral health.

Regards,
    Veena

3. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Hello Dr Veena. It is very nice of of you to offer advice on dental issues.

I have a recent RCT done (3 months) back also a cap fixed. (it is the fully white cap) (the teeth is the one next to the last teeth on right side of my mouth). I have had the last teeth removed. My problem is that whenever i eat, the cap as well the adjacent teeth are painful and I am always aware of the said teeth. There is no problem with chewing, but i have a feeling always that some align thing is in my mouth. I floss my teeth and brush once a day using pepsodent paste for gum.
    Kindly advice me on this.

4. veena123

veena123 New IL'ite

Dear Madhu,
    Usually if there is a high point on the cap that is fixed, patients do have problem like you have, there is nothing to worry.... I would advice you to go the dentist and he/she will make the necessary adjustments to remove the high point on the cap....
    Regarding your adjacent tooth, It might be the referred pain from the capped tooth or there might be a cavity, just get that checked too...

Regards
    Veena

5. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Thank you Dr Veena, I will go check with my Dentist.

6. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dr.Veena

My Daughter is 2 years old. She has this thumb sucking habit. I am worried of her teeth alignment.

I get contradicting replies ranging from the teeth will go bizarre to no problem until the permanent teeth come in. Can you advise me?

She doesn't aggressively suck them; just passively rests in her mouth while meeting strangers/ sleepy etc. As soon as she goes to deep sleep, she will remove her finger from the mouth by herself. I know she does for it comfort, for safety.. I am just worried about her teeth and all the advice relatives are pouring out from neem oil to castor oil.

7. veena123

veena123 New IL'ite

Dear Preethi,
    I understand your concern, but usually kids who have this habit, do come out of it by the time they start going to school. If they don't come out of this habit even after that, then you really have to worry about her teeth alignment.
    Try these at home to gradually reduce the habit:
    Positive reinforcement is one of the best ways to encourage behavior change in children. Give verbal praise to your child for not sucking their thumb. You could also set up a simple reward system. give your child a small reward or prize - an extra bedtime story or a small toy at the end of the week.
    Try to cover the thumb with a band-aid or cover the hand with a mitten, so that she won't feel the same taste as a bare thumb..
    Few kids try to keep doing it more, when we keep telling them all the time.... Ignore and try not to stress , see how she will react after a few days.....
    But the best way is to encourage her, whenever u see her not putting the thumb in the mouth.

Regards,
    veena