1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Any remedy for lichen planus scars

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by Manisha_roy, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Manisha_roy

Manisha_roy New IL'ite

i had an episode of lichen planus 2 years ago and the marks are still there, though a lot lighter than before. i would like it to totally go. would appreciate any advice or help in this matter. thanx.

2. sandya09

sandya09 New IL'ite

Hi Manisha,
    Did you find any remedy for your Lichen Planus Scars?? I got lichen planus 10 months back and there are dark scars all over my body so please let me know if you were able to find any remedy.

Thanks in advance ..

3. devina_bantwal

devina_bantwal New IL'ite

hi

i would like to know too if u were successful in finding something that fades the marks away.

@sandya..ive had LP for 4 yrs now and my scars r gradually fading away though still there. ive tried lots of scar fading creams but to no avail, so have given up on medicines doing the trick. hope urs fades away faster than mine is. tc..

Devina

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  4. Melveena

Melveena New IL'ite

Hello,
    I am a beauty consultant with oriflame. U must try the oriflame even out face cream. yes it is a face cream. but it is so good that customers use it to their body to even out the skin tone. this product is so popular that as soon the stock is in it gets sold out. it also removes surgery marks, chicken pox marks and so on.
    Mel :)

5. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi manisha,
    Can you tell me what is lichen Planus?
    For scars and black dots you can use diprovate ointment. it is easily available in pharmacy. use little amount. this was prescribed for me by the doctor for black dots and marks. This is so helpful than others. even home remedies takes time to lighten the marks. This will work in 2 days.

6. ruby1952003

ruby1952003 New IL'ite

hello beauty consultant,i am having luchen planus disease since 3 months they are itching they look odd my whole body is full and having dark black spots, now iam getting episodes of depressing I am already diebetic plese help me and reply me telling every thing about this desaise I am desperate.I will be waiting for Yu

7. ruby1952003

ruby1952003 New IL'ite

Dear Manisha I am passing terribly with this disease now a days please tell me how much time it will take?

8. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I found in the net about lichen planus and got this information. just have a glance. Diprovate ointment works better for dark black spots. Because i too had the same problem. I had lot of black spots on my backbody. i've to cover it in front of others. My doctor prescribed the ointment for mild usage. within two days, everything vanished. Thats why i asked what is lichen planus. avoid going out in this hot summer.

Definition of Lichen Planus
    Lichen planus is a chronic, itchy skin disease of unknown cause, characterized by small, purplish bumps or patches of skin having fine, gray lines on the surface.
    Description of Lichen Planus
    Common sites of involvement are the flexor surfaces of wrists, forearms, ankles, abdomen, and sacrum. Nails may have ridges running lengthwise. On mucous membranes (e.g., the mouth), the membranes appear gray and lacy.

Episodes of disease activity, of which there are numerous variations, may last for months and may recur. In more extreme cases, patients are in pain, with erosions and ulcerated areas.
    There seems to be a relationship between the oral form and the skin form of lichen planus in that almost half of those with the oral version also have it on the skin.
    Causes and Risk Factors of Lichen Planus
    It affects about 1 percent of the population, predominantly women, and usually appears during the fifth or sixth decade.

Possible causes of oral lichen planus include non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS), iodides, tetracycline, gold, streptomycin, hydrochlorothiazide, dental fillings containing mercury in the form of amalgam (if the patient is allergic to mercury), and rough fillings.

Causes may have an allergic reaction pattern, particularly following exposure to dyes and color film developers.

Links have been seen with alopecia areata, vitiligo, chronic ulcerative colitis, and graft-versus-host reactions.
    Symptoms of Lichen PlanusItching is mild to severe. The lesions are violet colored, flat-topped, bumps or patches discrete or in clusters, on the flexor surfaces of the wrists and on the penis, lips, tongue, and buccal (mouth) mucous membranes.

Mucosal lichen planus has been reported in the genital and anorectal areas. The papules may become bullous or ulcerated. The disease may be generalized.
    Diagnosis of Lichen PlanusDiagnosis is based on the medical history and physical examination. A skin biopsy may be recommended.
    Treatment of Lichen Planus
    Patients with lichen planus are sometimes tense and nervous, and episodes of dermatitis may be temporarily related to emotional crises. Measures to relieve anxiety are helpful. Topical corticosteroids are often useful. Topical tretinoin cream 0.05% applied to mucosal lichen planus followed by topical corticosteroid cream may be beneficial.

In severe cases, oral corticosteroids may be prescribed. Psoralens plus long-wave ultraviolet light (PUVA) can be effective for chronic lichen planus.
    Questions To Ask Your Doctor About Lichen Planus

• Do any tests need to be done to diagnose lichen planus or to rule out other diseases?
    • What type of treatment will you be recommending?
    • Will you be prescribing any medications?

What are the side effects?
    • If nothing is done about this problem, will it spontaneously go away?

Can the lesions spread to other areas?
    • What measures can be taken to help relieve the discomfort?

9. yulyasb

yulyasb New IL'ite

castor oil helps to remove dark marks n some skin problems... i removed some of it with castor oil. have to apply it every day on problem spots of skin atleast for 1 hour for one month. u will see result soon. also castor oil is very good for any hair. apply it on hair roots, eyebrows n eyelashes.... it will become thick n grow more quickly.

10. sandya09

sandya09 New IL'ite

Hi Shel,
    Can you please tell me which dark spots you were able to cure with Diprovate?
    Lichen planus spots are very dark brown in color and the size ranges from a dot to a 1 rp coin size. these spots are very deep.
    I've tried all sorts of creams/ointments like skinlite ,eukroma ,topical steroids with no luck ,please let me know if you think Diprovate works with this situation.

Thanks in advance ..
    Sandya.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009