Anovulation problem

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by anda, Mar 25, 2014.

1. anda

anda New IL'ite

Hi..I have been having irregular periods for almost 6 months. I went to the doctor and did a series of test like tyroid test, serum prolactin and abdominal ultrasound., of which all the results were normal. doctor advisd me to lose weight since am 80 kg now @ height of 5ft 4 inch. I have been trying to conceive but in vain. In the month of february, my period lasted for almost a month and doctor advised cycloreg tablet for two weeks. After taking the medicine for two days, my bleeding stopped. Is there and side effects of cycloreg tablet? will i be able to conceive? Am so worried at the moment. Please help!

2. fellowblogger

fellowblogger Silver IL'ite

Dear Anda! Overweight will be a big hindrance for conception..you wiill gain more weight during pregnancy and chances of gestational diabetes will b very high..
    so my advice loose another 15kgs atleast, before you plan your pregnancy and you will conceive quicker..evn I am 5.4" and 68kgs I want to shed another 3-4kgs atleast....
    I have no knowledge about the medicines you are taking so I am not in a position to advice....good luck dear!

3. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anda,

As FB said weight plays a major role with ovulation and annovulatory cycle is common with over weight . Do you have PCOS? Do check that as well . Period for a month is little strange and their must be some hormonal imbalance . So re do the hormonal level test and have a second opinion dear .

Throw of the thought that over weight is stopping to conceive as it might make you feel stressed /inferior . Just bring in the thought that if you are in the correct weight then you will look more beautiful and energetic . Positive vibes is most required in the process of conception that automatically comes with your weight reduction . Start of a healthy diet and do exercise religiously . Rest will fall in place dear .

I am not sure of the medicine you have mentioned , may be others will throw some light on this .

Good luck with your weightloss

1 person likes this.
  4. anda

anda New IL'ite

hi fellowblogger! Thank you so much for your inputs. Am definitely going to lose weight.. :)

5. anda

anda New IL'ite

Hi dear.. Thankyou so much for the insight you have given. Doctor did say its because of hormonal changes. Yes! am definitely going to lose weight. You did inspire me. Thank u!

6. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

I have not got my periods for two months now . Doctor has given me Cycloreg and im now waiting for my periods to come. She has also suggested an ultrasound scan after my periods.

I have never had this issue earlier. On asking why she said maybe low progestrone. I want to know if hormonal imbalance always means PCOS or some other problem could also mean the same. Im really worried if I will be having PCOS . I not overweight and dont have any other new changes in my body. This TTC is making me even more scared.

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sri,
    Hope soon you will get your periods. Hope the baseline scan after the scan will give you clues to the mess in this cycle.
    Avoid stress/expectations. That itself harms the TTC journey. Be positive & strong. Keep yourself occupied in other things while on TTC journey!
    Baby dust to you.

iamsrihere likes this.
  8. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Thanks dear. Though I try not to stress myself, I am now frustrated because it feels like 4 steps back..I need to work on getting regular periods first and then think about TTC. Anyway hoping this diagnosis will also answer the reason for my unsuccessful TTC journey till date.

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Stress itself is a reason for delayed periods. Try to avoid it.
    Hope soon things will fall in place!

Agony and iamsrihere like this.