1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Another Day...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Afresh, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dera @Afresh,

I don't know of anyone who can claim an original idea - you know what I mean? I was talking to my students about Socrates and said something like "You know, he kind of encouraged people to think for themselves" and you should have seen the look of wonder and bafflement in their eyes. Precious!

I am more than convinced that there is enough around us if we pay attention and you just proved that! I do want share a little perhaps unnecessary info - I was talking with a friend's son, almost finishing college and I mentioned Life situations vs life in the context of what he is going through and I literally saw his eyes sparkle with a "Now, I get this" and he sent a note later! These incidences do make my days! I may not contribute something earth shattering but the joy i get by putting in a smile on somebody's face, you got it priceless!

And you made me happy with your words of appreciation. Certainly hope to see more of you!

Afresh likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Afresh,

What a delightful snippet this is! This shows writers are not born but made through their determination to express themselves clearly and concisely about their feelings. Your concerns for your daughter shows how much mothers sacrifice for the well-being of their children. I tell the children in our spiritual center, if you like to understand the meaning of sacrifice, please watch any mother and observe their actions. This snippet is another invaluable piece of writing on the subject. I am so happy to hear your husband took time to tend to your child relieving you from the tension you were experiencing.

I believe most of us dream about big things and in the process fail to recognize small things in which we live everyday. It is important to enjoy every moment in life when the child is growing up. Those days are precious and we will never get it again. I have missed many such milestones of my son and I still regret it.

Viswa

Afresh likes this.
  3. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

I so so agree, its the small things that matter the most in everyday life! People who derive happiness out of other people's happiness are really the ones benefiting the most and also most selfless to show others the path to happiness and contentment!
    so glad to be in touch with you

Srama likes this.
  4. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Thanks so much Sir and those words are actually the most precious if understood! :)

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

As I was a working woman I can understand the challenges faced by working woman both at home and office. Glad to know your hubby stayed back to be with your daughter.
    PS

Afresh likes this.
  6. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Thank you Mam for your feedback !
    Situations change but issues remain same :)

7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Stalwarts as in old fogeys with too much time on their hands? :grinning: I wanted to post a feedback last week but as you will soon discover, try as I might, I am late to every party. You have a wonderful way with words! As you expressed so well in your snippet, guilt is motherhood's evil stepsister. You dare take a moment's breather to savor a parenting win and there she is whispering doubts in your ears. Hope the PPT is back in the pink of health and giving mom other things to worry about! Do write more! :beer-toast1:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Afresh likes this.
  8. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Hey!
    Stalwarts as in those stars twinkling a wee bit more in the IL galaxy than the rest :)

Wait.. was that for me ! but for starters i am in this kinda zone a bit and enjoying logging on to IL much..Enjoy it till it lasts :laughing:
    My sistah!!

Aww.. Your words seem to make my day start on a superbly positive note!.. Thanks for stopping by and look forward to more interactions dear!
    Lovely hearing from you

Gauri03 likes this.