Angapradakshinam at Tirumala Temple Details

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by vjan29, Apr 9, 2014.

1. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

Angapradakshinam at Tirumala Temple

I would like to share the details of Angapradakshinam at Tirumala temple. Last week I went with family, we all did Angapradakshinam at Sri Venkateswaran sannidhi. It was very good feeling, so thought of sharing the details, may be useful for people who want to do it.

Angapradakshinam is allowed all days except Friday. The tickets are issued free of cost at Seva ticket issuing center. This office is adjacent to the Railway Reservation Building. Tickets are issued exactly previous day of Angapradakshinam. Devotees will start coming and waiting in the queue around 12 noon, the tickets are issued around 2:00 PM. So, it's better to go and wait in the queue around 12 noon itself. I was told around 750 tickets are issued daily. Devotees who wanted to do Angapradakshinam should present to get the ticket, photos will be taken, tickets are issued individually.

Once get the tickets take rest at room till mid night, report at Vaikuntam Queue Complex - I before 1:30AM. Devotees are requested to take bath and come for Angapradakshinam. When entering the Vaikuntam Queue Complex - I, ladies are allowed first, even if you come as couple, only ladies are allowed first, they will check the dress attire for ladies, sarees and salwar only allowed. Salwar compulsory with thuppatta. Once they enter the Vaikunta Queue Complex-I, ladies will be waiting for ticket verification. Everyone should carry their own ticket. No joining together. When ladies are standing in the Queue for ticket verification, Gents are allowed behind the queue, dress code for Gents are Dhoti or Full Pant, shirts should be removed during Angapradakshinam. No purse, belts, handbags are allowed.

Once ladies ticket verification is over, then they will be routed to a waiting hall. Then Gents ticket verification, all gents will be routed to a waiting room adjacent to the ladies waiting hall. Laddu ticket will be issued at the entrance of the waiting hall, interested people can get.

This ticket verification and security check will over around 2:15am and devotees are requested to wait at waiting hall. Around 3:00am they will open the gate for Ladies. Once all ladies are left the waiting hall, Gents waiting hall gate will be opened and all will be proceeding to main temple. Before entering the main temple again dress code checking and security checking. No ticket check.

While Ladies and Gents are waiting in the queue, you can hear the Subrapatham. This will be nice feeling. It would be better not to chant Govinda Govinda during Subrapaatham time. During Subrapaatham, ladies are first allowed to main deity entrance and one by one allowed for Angapradakshinam.

In the mean time Gents will be waiting outside the main deity entrance. Once ladies are finished Angapradakshinam, they are requested to wait outside the main deity entrance for Dharshan. Then gents are allowed inside and one by one for Angapradakshinam. Same way gents are also requested to wait outside the main deity entrance for Dharshan. In the mean time you can see VIP's visiting the main deity for Subrapaatham seva.

Once Subrapaatham seva over, ladie waiting outside will be allowed again inside for Dharshan, this Dharshan also as usual pushing. Once ladies over, gents are allowed for Dharshan. Here it's completing the Angapradakshinam. Then while coming out you will get prasadam as usual, a small laddu.

Angapradakshinam is comfortable here, the floor is very smooth, not rough stone. My 11 year old son also participated he enjoyed doing it.

I have shared here whatever I have observed and experienced. This information will give you an idea only. So, makesure you enquire TTD office before planning.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

SunPa, anushri, bhucat and 11 others like this.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Brother Vjan29,

SAIRAM, Thanks for the detailed post, really informative for others who would be interested.

3. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

VJan brother ,

Very nicely narrated and thanks for the information .
    I understood that in the whole process is gents and ladies are separated . So how did you meet your wife in the busy crowd after the dharshan ? Sorry the question might sound silly but just thought of asking to clarify myself .

Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Yes Sister Luckwaves, somehow I am also not comfortable going separately for darshan, and not as a couple.

A decade back it wasn't like that, though male and female do angapradakshinam separately but for darshan we could go together.

Yet to post my trip.. Will do soon, SAIRAM

1 person likes this.
  5. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Saisakthi Akka,

Yes my parents when they were doing used to have dharshan together after the angapradhakshinam. Rules have changed now .

Yea es akka waiting to hear about your blessed trip . Do post it when you find time . Have you also performed angapradhakshinam this time ?

sairam

6. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Luckwaves,

Thanks, It's not silly question, I had in my mind to post this incident as a separate thread. I will post it soon about ladies and gents separating process and their feelings.

1 person likes this.
  7. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  8. nalini468

nalini468 Gold IL'ite

Nice post vjan.
    I have a doubt.
    How many angapradakshins do they allow us to do or is there a time limit to do these angapradakshinas?

1 person likes this.
  9. Bavishya

Bavishya Platinum IL'ite

Very well narrated and thanks for the useful information.we r planning for next month for kalyanam

1 person likes this.
  10. mithra3412

mithra3412 Platinum IL'ite

wowwwwwwww awesome information

I imagined each and evry step of ur narration once again my soul went to tirumala and come back

Thanks for sharing with us

1 person likes this.