1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

an unworthy friend

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by strangerrr, Jan 11, 2012.

1. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

It was a purposeless night ride sans the usual enjoyment; i m waiting for the gate to be opened at the level crossing, almost 30 km away from my home.
    If at all this hatred feeling on me was not there, it would have been a nice ride as like any of my lonely drive. The day past was all of guilty again, as i recollected a blunder which i did almost 3 years ago.

My Parents brought me up with good morale and most part of my life i lived upto it; until the blunder i did; may be the first one which i committed against an individual. What hurts me most was that i did that against one of my elite-listed friend. i always consider this friendship as a privilege and valued it most.

i myself ruined it that particular day
    i have only myself to blame today!
    i know, i can’t go back to re-write past
    Friend of my worth should not commit great things for future!
    It hurts,
    It hurts to be an unworthy friend of such a nice friend.

Back here,
    The train speeded across & now the gate is open
    i wish to carry on the drive and try to bring back that usual enjoyment; but…

~Jun-10

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Now, this happens to be the beginning of a real confession Strangerrr. Its quite common to commit blunders, in particular, to those whom we take for granted. What sets it right is the realization of one day and making amends. If lucky, such persons may still be around. If luckier, they may not. -rgs

3. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

From your post I could understand Strangerrr, How much pain you have in your heart for the thing that happened and having only yourself.

Sometimes, Life is hard like this. However guilty we are, we cannot get back the past and some times things cant be changed for good. In such instances i feel, Life teaches us the hard way. We have to accept and it should be glad for the good times you had with your elite-listed friend.

As you said at the end, you have to carry on the drive and I wish you to come out of the regret. Forgiving self is also difficult at times, but we must learn that too to live in peace.

4. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai strangerr,

You have agreed the fault of yours and realised it more. You can very well bring the enjoyment as usual because once the realisation was filled in your heart your heart will be very ease and will look forward always the enjoyment

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Hi Strangerrr,

I have a little bit of a different view and please bear with me for this view. A prolonged feeling of guilt is ruining your present life and rightly deserved happiness and joy. As much as you learn to forgive others, you need to learn to forgive yourself as well. In spirituality, fear, anger, guilt, jealousy, hatred, etc. are the feelings that drown and prevent us from achieving self-realization.

I am not suggesting that you should not evaluate your past wrong actions and regret for it. But it should be limited to learning the lesson and move on. The true respect for your friend would be not to repeat that mistake again to another friend. Send your friendship mentally to your friend and make your mind think that your friend had forgiven your forgettable action. Forgiving someone is a great feeling and I am sure your friend would have experienced that wonderful feeling before. Pretend to received the friendship and forgiveness from him in your mind and forgive yourself. That would be a new beginning of a wonderful life forward for both you and your friend.

Viswa

6. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

firstly, sincere appology to everyone for the delayed response!

7. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

thanks for your valueable comment rgs! i was lucky; i wish the othey way though...

:)

8. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

thanks pallavi, for sparing your time for such a elaborate piece of kinda englightment!

9. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

thanks sreema, for the comment...

10. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

hmmm.. thanks for your suggestions