1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Indo- German Expedition

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by desposhwetha, Oct 22, 2017.

1. desposhwetha

desposhwetha Gold IL'ite

Thank you. Sure. The next episode will be more about their bonding

peddadas likes this.
  2. desposhwetha

desposhwetha Gold IL'ite

Thank you for the feedback. Sure will do the spell check henceforth.

3. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

Really so thrilling. what is next

4. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Thanks for Double Bonanza...Looking forward for next episodes

5. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

Wow nice thriller story! waiting for next episode(s)

6. creativemumma

7. desposhwetha

desposhwetha Gold IL'ite

Chapter 12

Ishaan took the book that lay on the floor. He couldn’t see Arjun in the front cover. The book’s cover had an abstract image with the heading AN INDO GERMAN EXPEDITION. Arjun and Ishaan were speechless, while Aarushi flipped through the book. The book had a lot of pictures resembling Tamil Nadu and Germany inside. I think the story revolves around India and Germany. But how on earth could you see your picture in it Arjun?, she demanded.

They were confused. No answers. No clues. No leads. This is exhausting, they exclaimed in despair.

Aarushi wanted to read the book but was extremely tired. So were the boys, who decided to ponder on the book the next day. Next morning, the parents were waiting for them at the breakfast table. They started on their trip to the Black Forest, with their old pattern of Ishaan driving the teens and the elders travelling together in a car. Aarushi had brought the book along with her for the trip. Maya told them that it was the story of a German Prince marrying an Indian Princess in the 17th century.

So, from all that is happening, Arjun is the prince and Aarushi is the Princess, she finished and bit her lips. She had also noticed Arjun and Aarushi growing close to each other and was happy for him. Aarushi was a bold and beautiful girl and they would make a cute couple, she thought.

Maya watch what you talk, Arjun said and tried hard to hide his smile while enjoying the moment.

Haha, look who is blushing, Ishaan joined the fun.

Aarushi tried to defend Arjun and ended up being the prey of Ish and Maya.

After a long time, they were laughing happily forgetting the book and the mystery.

It was a clear day and the weather was perfect. The black forest is a massive area and they chose to hike the nearest mountain. They could see masses of snow and Maya was shrieking happily. Even the elders were excited at the sight and enjoyed the moment. The kids took their skates. Arjun had skated once in his school NSS, and was comfortable with it immediately. Maya was struggling to get hers right. The parents were tired and sat with their coffee mugs. The teens enrolled in a tourist skating training course for beginners, so that Maya could also join them with the skates. Two hours later, the foursome were skating in the beginner’s track happily. Suddenly there was a gush of cold air and Maya lost balance. She was about to fall down when Ishaan caught her hand and stopped her from sliding further.

Arjun and Aarushi joined them to help Maya. Together they descended and checked if Maya had bruises.

This why they say girls cannot do everything we do- Arjun said half-jokingly.
    Maya was too weak to reply, but Aarushi could not take it easily.
    What do you mean Arjun? In what way are we inferior?
    Oh, you just saw what happened. I have skated only once, but you see I could already skate like an expert.
    Don’t you see how many women are here skating? Didn’t you notice that you always lagged behind me? Are you blind? Her voice rose.
    I am not blind and you better mind your language.

Aarushi threw her skates and marched towards Arjun..
    Stop it guys, don’t be childish. Let us go back. The last thing we want to do is to fight amongst us.

Aarushi and Arjun didn’t speak after the argument. Dharma chose a quite Italian restaurant for their lunch. Aarushi and Maya sat opposite the boys and all the efforts of Maya and Ishaan to cheer the other two went in vain. After lunch they went for a stroll around the lake and Aarushi chose to walk with her mom and her aunt.

Arjun, ask sorry to Aarushi and put an end to it, Maya pleaded.

Why would I do that? I didn’t offend her. In fact she has to understand that it was humor and laugh at it. She could have poked me back, instead of fighting unnecessarily.

Would you have laughed along if she poked you Arjun? Maya asked him

He didn’t have an answer. Aarushi drove with her parents, while Sekar joined the other car. The more Aarushi maintained distance to him, the more he burned inside. He was recounting his early days and how he would bully his sister back then. The mood was grim amongst the teens. Ishaan did not like what Arjun did, neither did he approve of Aarushi’s behavior. She should have talked it out, he told Maya.

They had dinner on the way back home and went to their respective rooms quickly. Am sorry for what he said Aarushi, he does it often. But he didn’t intend to hurt you, Maya was genuinely sorry.

Why are you sorry? Arjun is not the first guy to endorse gender stereotype. And anyways, I will not bend down on issues like this. Having examples like you and your mom in the house and studying in a premier institute, has not influenced his ego and that is very sad, Aarushi pulled her quilt.

Dude, I am sorry. But honestly didn’t expect it turn out to an ugly argument. Arjun explained to Ishaan.

I think both are at fault and you should apologize to each other and move on. Put an end to this fight before our parents notice and question, Ishaan replied.

Arjun nodded and lay down. He couldn’t sleep. I should have not been so chauvinistic in my words. It was not good humor anyway. I could have easily avoided the argument, lest stopped it when it turned ugly.

On the other room, Aarushi was cursing herself for her behavior. She didn’t repent on what she had said to Arjun, rather was worried that she had spoiled the moods of Ish and Maya. I over reacted to them. From tomo, I will be normal with them, but until Arjun apologies, I am going to ignore him.

Two hours had passed and both of them were still awake. Aarushi got out of the room to get some fresh air. Arjun heard the door opening and knew it was her.

What are you doing? He asked softly. She was standing in her balcony and didn’t reply. She knew he was standing there was some time before he spoke. Arjun walked close to her and stood facing her. Am sorry. It was my fault. I was rude.

So? Do you agree that I can do everything that you could? - She asked in a commanding tone.

Well, it depends. I think I could be fall in love with you. Do you also think you could do that?

Her heart skipped a beat

Of course. I could fall in love with me, she winked and gave a wide smile.
    You guys are crazy
    , two voices squeaked from behind. Maya ran to hug Arjun and Aarushi while Ishaan gave then hard punches on their backs.

Happy laughter surrounded the place for some time. When they finally got back to bed, Arjun’s eyes started hurting badly.

HazelPup and creativemumma like this.
  8. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

Happy to give first feed back. you have completely change the mood of the story. lovely. fighting and melting superab.

9. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Fantastic shwetha. You have built the story so so well. I like your narrating style and like the plot as well.

10. creativemumma