1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am I Over Reacting

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Stressfull, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Stressfull

Stressfull Silver IL'ite

Dear ilites,
    Currently im in very confusing mind not knowing what to do. I had two children 8 yrs old and 1 yearbaby living with my husband in abroad. The problem is we two are very egoistic but most of the times i adjust. If im very plesant my hus is ok jovial lovey dovey. I shouldn't show my unpleasantness then everything is unbreathable.

The problem is my dh has the habit of over goodness. He is a people pleaser. He goes any extra mile to prove he is a goodman to his family and friends. And he doesn't lack anything for me or my children either. But im not able to bear his over goodness sometimes at the cost of our family life. In his opinion i just need to nod my head for every decision he takes and only i can ask what me and my kids want.

If im happy everything is fine other wise choas are created. I shouldnt nag or cry or sulk or murmer if he is in a bad mood. Does anybody faced this. Im not able to take it.

2. zeppelingirl

zeppelingirl Silver IL'ite

yes.. I think this is how most of the houses run here.. Its like every time when they disappoint, hurt and drive us mad, we should act like nothing happened with a smiling face.. I've tried to explain my hubby many times that I'm sad and I can't able to act like nothing happened, but he refused to accept that and told me I'm overreacting and upset for nothing, made it a big deal twice saying I have attitude problem.

I know if I don't react for anything and accept to live life like how he wants me to, I will be treated a queen.. my hubby said that himself one day.. but I refuse to be just a queen doll.. I want my voice to be heard.

I will better be a normal girl with freedom of speech & independence than to be a queen doll.

I'm kinda young to advice you.. newly married.. less than a year.. no kids yet.. it looks you been married for more than 10 years.. others will give you better advices here.. even I'm in this IL looking for advice.. I can relate my life to almost all threads in this relationship forum.. after this marriage I got extremely depressed thinking I lost my peace of mind.. problems made me change a completely different person.. now after coming to this IL only I realised so many girls are sailing in the same boat as mine.. each and every thread feels like mine and I'm spending so much time on it reading and hoping I will get some solutions to my relationship problems either.. May God bless all of us.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

If husband’s pleasing friends and family involves
    A) your time
    B) your efforts
    C) your money and bacchon ka future
    then by all means protest.
    If not, deal with the fact that you married a people pleaser to maintain harmony in your otherwise smooth going married life.

nakshatra1 and AAPriya like this.
  4. Sandycandy

Few steps to not being forced to be a “queen doll “ :
    A) become financially independent .
    B) emotionally independent and self confident
    Step B) might not be inherent and needs to be cultivated though A) can eventually lead to being B).
    Good luck !!

nakshatra1, Anu14 and AAPriya like this.
  5. zeppelingirl

zeppelingirl Silver IL'ite

yeah.. thanks for the advice

Sandycandy likes this.
  6. Stressfull

Stressfull Silver IL'ite

Yes most of the it takes my time and efforts, he finds immense pleasure in inviting people for lunch or dinner though it has reduced now.

Sunshine04 and Sandycandy like this.
  7. Sandycandy

If he invites guests for dinner without asking you, he cooks or orders take out. Make that the rule. To make things less “stressful” : let that headache or stomach ache make an appearance at the same time as the guest. Let the husband take care of hosting . You sit back and watch your favorite movie on the iPad or phone ( under the blanket though). Keep a couple of strips of pudina hara or GasX along with anti diarrheal medicines next to the bed. I guarantee you no one will enter the room. ( go for headache if you want to appear more classy) .
    Next time the husband will ensure that you are onboard when he invites guests.
    Take care !

nakshatra1, Dishaa and Stressfull like this.
  8. Stressfull

Stressfull Silver IL'ite

Thank you sandy for your time. No he will let ne know when he was inviting. If i say no he will sulk put a dull face. Me being straightfirward leading to fights, i must learn to be smart. Thanks for ur suggestion next time i will implement it:blush:.

Sandycandy likes this.