1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am I Doomed? What To Do Now..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rosylife, Dec 31, 2018.

1. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

Dear ladies
    All of you know that I was preparing to get a baby. We went for a couple checkup after I coaxed my husband to come with me. Gynecologist told me as a girl I should only check for Vitamin D, thyroid and Rubella vaccination. Is any other tests missing?

She refered us to an Urologist who examined my husband. Urologist told us that my husband has vericose vein on one his testes. We are waiting for next weeks appointment now to get the count result. Will vericose vein affect his fertility?

Another issue is I recently came to know that my husband had an elder sibling who died due to epilepsy. Before marriage I was told that the baby died while she was small. Now it seems his sibling died at the age of 8. Dose epilepsy run in families?

How to prevent the risk of my child having epilepsy because of genetics?

2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Most parents with epilepsy do not have children with epilepsy, and the chances of inheriting epilepsy are generally low.
    In your case, it will be very less since its ur husband's sibling.
    So don't worry

virtualkv2020, rosylife and shravs3 like this.
  3. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rosylife,

Do not worry about anything. Surrender yourself and try with calm mind. Whatever has to happen will happen. I'm telling it with my experience. The more we try to take control of things around us the more we will be drifting from achieving our goals. Pray God, keep him in your mind always (if at all you have belief in God). If not surrender yourself to nature. She will take care of everything.
    Very good luck to you in your TTC. Believe that everything tomorrow will be better than it is today . :)

Regards,
    Anusha

rosylife and nandinimithun like this.
  4. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

My father has/had epilepsy and is on life-long medication for the same. My sister and I are fine, as are our kids.

rachaputi likes this.
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sometimes, the best thing is to have a positive outlook, and not think of being doomed even before your start.

the percentage of epilespy becoming hereditary.is very low... there are many reasons for those episodes. so no confusing and stressing so much.. a friend's son had frequent episodes as a kid, is now a very successful, healthy and happy young man..

6. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

Epilepsy episode will happen at anytime, anywhere right. Doctor told me his sibling died because of decreased mental ability due to medication taken for epilepsy. That means people who take medication has reduced mental ability. His sibling couldn’t continue school also due to hyperactivity and mental disability. Attened only KG classes.

7. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

Thank you dear. I feel. I was cheated in this marriage. As I din’t know that this was the reason for death and sibling died at such older age.

8. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

How frequent? My husband sibling coudn’t attend school because of epilepsy. Doctor said medication used to control hyperactivity slows down the brain .

9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

If you feel that way, don't mull over it and be in misery all the time. Do what is necessary to move forward with your life.

shravs3, Sunshine04 and virtualkv2020 like this.
  10. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Dr's family has nothing to do with your kid. You think too much