1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

All Events Are Blessings Given To Us To Learn From

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 14, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

‎Learn to get in touch with the silence within yourself, and know that everything in life has purpose. There are no mistakes, no coincidences, all events are blessings given to us to learn from.
    ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

The above quote is very true. We learn from our mistakes and experiences. Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy .We dont always get what we wish for but we must be happy with what we have got . Thats what I learnt when I grew and with experience. I always had hi fi friends in my life and enjoyed with them but I was never jealous that they are leading a luxurious life . I was happy that I was friendly with them and they treated me very nicely . During school days my best friend used totake me by car to school , from Vii std to Xth std I went to school with her by car, she used to help me in many ways , everyday we used to study together and I used to enjoy with her when I used to be at her house, all her family people used to treat me like their family member and were very loving. Though they were rich they were down to earth .

It doesn't matter if you are the smartest person in the world, unless you are ambitious enough to use your brain. It doesn't matter if you are the strongest in the world, because without use for it, all you will be is someone who can lift a weight. It doesn't matter if you are the nicest person in the world, unless you make others happy with it.

Between me andmy sister only she is leading a hi fi life , has a big house, has servants to do everything but she does not show off and though all facilities are there and servants to do the work, she does not sit idle and whole day she is working, gets up at 4.30 a.m. and takes rest only for half an hour. She has health problems, arthirities, corn in the leg, shoulder pain etc. etc . Though I am leading a simple life I amhappy and contented with my life.

In my life I have lived, loved , lost, I have missed, I have been hurt, I have trusted, have made mistakes but most of all I have learned

Success is a vehicle, which moves on a wheel named hard work, but the journey is impossible without the fuel named self confidence!

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Nice snippet. Yes, life's events teaches us a lot. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

So true, Viji, and another lovely snippet from you.

I like to read not only your words, and little incidents from your life, but the choice of quotes you choose to put in the post. This one about success, for some reason, man ko bha gaya. Touched the heart.

iyerviji and vaidehi71 like this.
  4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji Madam,
    You have a beautiful mind. Contentment is one of the key words to be happy.
    Syamala

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

So true, and what a wonderful way of putting it.

iyerviji and shyamala1234 like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Never expected such lovely comments my dearies so fast,which made my day, will come back with my individual replies later on

vaidehi71 and Rihana like this.
  7. lakshmikguru

lakshmikguru Gold IL'ite

Wonderful snippet.Nice Quotos.Its true.we Learnt from the events happened.

iyerviji likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear for the first feedback, you are welcome

vaidehi71 likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My husband does not get sleep unless he does social work, same way I feel my snippet is not completed without quotes. I am not good in narrating and some quotes help me to share my feelings. so I search for good quotes to share here. I also liked this suceess quotes very much and its so true without hard work we wont get success and when we get it we feel so happy. In life we should do something worthy and I feel I have somewhat achieved till now( and want to achieve more in future ) by scoring 63% in Xth in 1961, felt happy when from a Typist I was promoted to a steno and from steno to Senior Assistant in charge of Bank Reconciliation of the whole company and I could succeed in that with the blessings of God and elders and with the help of my bosses , who guided me, I had so many bosses in my 38 years service , young and old . I thought after retirement I will become lazy doing nothing but happy I found this site and learn so many things and improved my English by writing here . Now of late doing jewellery and getting appreciation so feel happy doing something worthwhile

Kamla likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your compliments Shyamala dear, I learnt from experience that we can be happy if we are contended with what we have. Actually I learnt from my husband to be simple and be satisfied . Thanks to him and I think the compliments should go to him