1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

airtel super singer

Discussion in 'TV' started by ladybug23, Jul 10, 2013.

1. prasathvishnu

prasathvishnu Junior IL'ite

I did not get to watch this season except for last couple of weeks. After seeing some great performances in Pre-final episodes, thought to watch the Finals to see what better they can do.

5 competitors and 2 Songs each. And, Five and half hours for that is way too much. I think it was an overdose. Both TV Viewers and Live Audiences would have felt frustrated for such long wait before the results.

1 person likes this.
  2. prasathvishnu

prasathvishnu Junior IL'ite

For the last 1-2 years, I have been watching Paaduthaa Theeyaga in ETV Telugu hosted by SP Bala Subramaniam.

I will say that is the best Song Talent show I have ever seen. Not because of the talented singers or because of the quality of songs, but more because of the way S.P.B hosts the show, it is flawless.

> No drama, No Politics, No Bias.
    > For every song, S.P.B gives his honest comments in his unique style.
    > For almost every song, you get to hear an interesting stories about that song. Because of his vast experience in the film industry, he gives interesting information about the song or raga or the music director or lyricist, basically anything that is related to the song.
    > Most of the guest judges have music knowledge. You don't hear the utter non-sense comments.
    > Even while announcing scores, it will be done without any fuss or drama :)

I can understand why S.P.B cannot do such show in other channels because, he will have to compromise a lot.

Overall, every week, you get to enjoy high quality songs from participants.

I wish such shows comes to Tamil channels as well. Especially, if S.P.B himself can do, we will be blessed.

3 people like this.
  3. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

as of me Syed can do better in Vidaikodu song.. that is not a major but he is fit for the first.

Diwakar - has more fan that other 4's that could be the main reason - He can do better in first song.

rest all took wrong choice. We can't blame Vijay TV because they framed correctly that the final title winner is based on the vote.

A perfect musician should entertain music lovers Diwakar did that and he deserve for that as of me he should improve more and more than only he can become Play back singer.

1 person likes this.
  4. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

SPB episode in Super singer was just like that - good information about each song; plus valid comments (he'd explained the difference in pronouncing two Tamil "na"s - and this is not even his native language!)
    He was doing a show in some other channel, I think..."ennodu paatu padungal"? I'm not too sure, however...
    And you're right - a good deal of compromising goes on in these shows...he's better off not entering these, and lowering his musical integrity in the process.
    Vijay TV's elevating the current set of judges, and any other "special" judges they bring on, to some kind of cult figures. High time they changed the lot. I thought the initial screening judges were better - esp. Shailaja.

5. kuttimma

kuttimma Bronze IL'ite

I want to congratulate diwakar for two reasons, for winning the title, and for not being the "mean" judges choice, that means he is really talented. congrats diwa!. If I was the judge the final 1st diwakar, 2 sarath, 3rd sonia, 4th&%th syed and parvati. sarath perfomance was awesome and perfect and I enjoyed diwakar's second song and his 1st song was entertaining. syed's performance was good not like his earlier performances but def 2nd place is too much. I felt very bad for sarath.

6. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You think seeing kids is easy. Ellaam adhiga-prasangi madhiri over aa pesum , act vidum.. Adhuve konjam too much dhaan.

4 people like this.
  7. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Agree! Adhuvum sila kozhandhel laam age inappropriate a lyrics irukkara paatu paadum podhu romba kevalamaa irukkum paaka. Even more irritating will be to watch the parents preening. Romba naal munnadi there was this show in Jaya TV - Hariyudan Naan and James Vasanthan was a judge. Adhula one of the special performances la some kids came and sang"daddy mummy veetil illa" and while James Vasanthan said the child sang really well, he couldn't enjoy it as much because he found it unacceptable that the child was singing vulgar lyrics. HE said parents should be responsible and take it upon themselves to not allow kids to sing such songs. I thought that was a very good point.

About the finals, romba long-drawn aa konjam kadi-a pottaa. Syed again got by singing very simple songs compared to the rest. I agree that whatever Syed sings, he sings well. But andha playing field level-aa illa. All the others, right from the beginning were taking the effort to present different genres, improving themselves. Anaa Syed appdi illama ore maari simple paatu paadi paadi escape aaitaan. If that was the case, all the others can also only keep singing stuff that they easily can and get by. Finals la at least they should have specified genres...while 4 contestants sang one kind of song, Syed alone sang something completely different, exactly like Aajidh!

Ad I agree with someone that said about choosing songs that have mass appeal. Isai arasi wouldn't be for everyone to enjoy, though it is definitely a song that proves the mettle of singer way more than vande mataram. After all, kadaseela Airtel ku kaasu venum. Yaaru moolyama nariyaa kaasu, panam, dhuttu, money money varumo... avaala dhaan project pannuva. Nalla kural/brahmandamana kural... idhellaam secondary dhaan!

4 people like this.
  8. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Appo pesaama indha threadku konja maasam leave vidunga! namma time konjma save aagum!

9. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

junior season is even more a torture with Malgudi Shubha .

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I did not watch the program right from the beginning but watched after the best five were selected. In my opinion, Sonia loses her breathe when she had to sing difficult songs and sometimes, she loses her shruti as well. Parvathi is a great singer but made some crucial mistakes in the final when she sang "Raa Raa" song. Therefore, both of them being 4 & 5 are perfect selection by the people.

However, I agree with the judges that Syed by far is the best among the three. His first choice song "Vidai Kodu" is a very difficult song and he sang with a lot of Bhava capturing the heart of everyone. Similarly, his second song selection from the boys was also very unique and difficult to sing. In my opinion, he deserves to be # 1 and I agree with judges on this. The second position should have been taken by Sarath as his second song "Aum Shivogam" was fabulous even though I did not like his first song selection. But he rendered that also very well.

Lastly, Diwarkar's first song selection is really bad. He should have never chosen "Arabic Kadaloram" song at all. This song may be popular but does not show his musical talent. However, his second song selection was fantastic and he rendered it extraordinarily well. Therefore, I feel he should be # 3.

Viswa