1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Age Old Problem

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by azureocean, Jul 28, 2018.

1. azureocean

azureocean New IL'ite

First, thanks for all the responses. Sorry for late reply -- I gave up checking when I didn't see responses in the first couple of days and then got busy at work. Happy to see so many thoughtful messages. Lot of useful tips and insights. I totally understand that in-laws can't replace moms. I have enough ideas now to have a discussion with DW after she returns from India. We never had any major arguments other than disagreements about parenting/teaching styles. These issues have been bubbling up over time that I have ignored or didn't care much about but it crossed my patience limit.

I have already informed DW that we are not returning the jewellery but buying new. She realized that she should have checked with me. I lost it when she decided to return the gifted jewellery from my mom but she decides to keep everything her sister and mom gifted. It doesn't sound fair to me even now.. Enough said on that.

I really liked the idea about discussing any purchases above certain dollar amount and extending that thought to have some basic ground rules as a family.

Lot of this is due to not spending enough time talking as couple with the parenting demands growing and FB/WhatsApp/YouTube taking over lives.

Thanks again for your time on this. Cheers !!!

Lalithambigai likes this.