Admission in PSBB KKNagar

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by barmee, Jan 7, 2009.

1. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Re: want to know more about padma seshadari in k.k. nagar.

Hi friends,

I want to know more about PSBB before I take the plunge into getting an admission there.. first getting an application form is gonna be a big deal there :)

I hear that the mother has accompany the child very often so she gets to interact with the class teacher and discuss the child's progress and about other activites so that the teacher gives more attention to the child. Also the mother's end up doing most of the work for the children like - chart n art works, lot of preparations by the mother, etc. How can a full time working mom drop and pick up the child and interact with the class teacher often?? I may be missing something here, pls enlighten me!

Does the school insist that the mother should be a home maker? so the mother is always available to the the child and fully involved in the child's schooling?? I dont agree that working moms do not spend enough time on the child's development. So I want to know if it is feasible for a full time working mom to put her child in PSBB and get equal attention from the teachers as they give to any child with mom always accompanying them... I hope I didnt confuse you guys!

I am already confused and worried about my hopes to get my child into psbb. I am anyways gonna apply in other schools but want to clear this info about PSBB. please help and let me know if any of you or your friends manage working and have their children in PSBB.

1 person likes this.
  2. Nisanika

Nisanika New IL'ite

I returned from US in May. We belong to backward community(not Brahmins). I have a 5 year old son. We submitted an application at PSBB office in Tirumalai pillai road. A few days back (it was a Saturday), we got a call from the office to attend the entrance test on Monday morning. We ent promplty on Monday morning. There were seven other kids for entrance test. They conducted a written test and they also had a oral interview. My son could not say exactly what they asked in the written test. I do not blame him for his age. The only question he said was that they showed pictures and asked him to spell the things in those pictures.
    In the oral, they asked him the details of his previous school and parents. Then they asked him to sing a rhyme. It seems he did that very well, because he told me "Miss said you did a good job". The peon who brought my son said he was very well behaved and that my son was a good kid.

After couple of days, on Thursday afternoon we got a call from PSBB office that my son has been selected for UKG and they asked me to come and collect the admission slip. We felt elated. In fact, we had a party with family and friends that night.

He went to school last week. He likes it very much. The timing is from 9 am to 2 pm. He already has got few friends. The teachers are very friendly and my son said that they ensure that every one communicates in English only.

The fees was about INR 15,000 + INR 15000 for admission. There was NO recommendation and we are NOT brahmins.

3. dbirlase

dbirlase New IL'ite

<TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TD noWrap>Wow congrats nisanika:). Good to see these kinds of posts. What is the student to teacher ration there?
    Also is it for KK nagar? or T.nagar?

Dinesh.

<TD width="100%">

4. srparasuram

srparasuram New IL'ite

Hello Uma,

Did you already move to Chennai and got admission for your kids in PSBB?
    If so, can you let me know the process for the admission? Did your kids take entrance exam in dec 2008 or summer 09? This information will be helpful for me because we are also planning to move to chennai in 2010 summer.

Thanks
    SRP

5. lat

lat New IL'ite

Re: PSBB T.Nagar

Hi ,
    Is this fees per month/term /year at PSBB?

Lat

6. raghukruba

raghukruba New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

We are staying in guindy checkpost area in chennai and we want to know whether PSBB KK Nagar/T.Nar school would admit students from these area.. We have this doubt because it would be more than 5 km to school from my resident and my daughter would be admitted in 2010 in Pre KG. Please help me in this doubt.

Thanks,
    Raghu

7. Nisanika

Nisanika New IL'ite

It is for KK Nagar. There are 21 students in my son's class. They have a teacher and a helper for each class. There are 11 sections in UKG.

8. Nisanika

Nisanika New IL'ite

Residence location is given high preference. You may try in PSBB Millenium which is near Kathipara Junction in Guindy.

9. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Nisanika,

To my knowledge, the PSBB Millennium in Guindy is now functioning only till 5<SUP>th</SUP> grade. The school has already shifted its location to Porur and the transition for the lower grades will also happen shortly. PSBB Millennium has also opened a branch in DLF Garden City, Sholinganallur.

10. sowmyarajni

sowmyarajni New IL'ite

Navadisha admission procedure

Hi,

This is Sowmya, Is there any one who knew the admission procedure for pre nursery (play school) in Navadisha School (velacheri)? My kid is 2 yrs old and i would like to admit her in a good school nearby velacheri.

Thanks in advance
    Sowmya

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009