Adda Da Hangout!

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by justanothergirl, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Why ? Ēṉ? Enduku? Kyon? December also not possible going? Switch jobs...

peartree likes this.
  2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Well, actually I am going in December and for a whole month. Bless my employer that is letting me work from there for a bit. So I am super thrilled.... even though the second grader is missing 2 weeks of school.

And I get to be there for the December music season. I am beyond excited!!! I want December to come soon, but I also don't want it to come that soon because then it will be over :-(

As for the why of missing Mylapore.... that is actually a permanent state of mind :-| Just the intensity goes up and down....

3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Super like! Enjoy the season!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    peartree likes this.
  4. Rihana

That's great news! And 2 weeks is actually 9 days, right? Else, get bumped off the rolls?

How old are you? : ) : ) : ) TGIF...... j/k.

Shopping chaalu / started?

5. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Yes.... 10 days actually and judge me all you want... but she is returning with dad 2 weeks earlier than mom, so as to not get bumped off rolls. For me, it was too tempting a proposition to be there so close to music season and not be there for it... hence...

Hehe, let's just say I am old enough for this and young enough for that ;-)

6. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Shifting gears totally, perusing through the Schoolgoers forum and found this thread about a school excursion to the US? :-o

What kind of schools are these, planning international trips for 11 yr olds? At 11, we were still going for 1/2 day trips to Guindy Snake Park or Vandalur zoo!! Our first full day trip was in 10th standard, to Golden Beach/Mahabalipuram and 11th standard was the first over night, 3 day 2 nights to Ooty/Coonoor!! 12th standard was board exam... so no excursions :-o

7. Rihana

Good plans.. but why are you judging my judging before I do the judging? : ) In my very rarely humble opinion, it is fine to take vacation from school for visiting family (or any recreational activity). They learn more in a trip than in all the cultural immersion activities at school. More so, if it is public school where we know that the per-day teaching especially in primary grades, is not so much as to mean that child will miss out on it. The school will lose funding etc. is a wrong model. Not so wise to tie school funding with child's attendance... Teacher does same work whether one kid is less or more.........

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    peartree likes this.
  8. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Mylapore has that "je ne sais quois" composite thing which is a function of temples, music-venues, shops, festivals, sat-sang's, and the right sort of hoi polloi to mix it up with.

peartree and Rihana like this.
  9. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@peartree, thanks to you, I can no longer see a two-wheeler without thinking of Mylapore. Enjoy your trip home. :)

peartree likes this.
  10. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

From the thread Mars-part2- travel
    Hi @SunPa
    First thank you very much for these affectionate words:worship2::worship2:
    If you were living close by I'd have made some laddoos just for you to convey my heartfelt thanks.

You may be selfish because the space series will continue. At present I have no intention of backing off my self made commitment to children. Also after you expressed so much enthusiasm for the series, I do not have the heart to disappoint you, now.

Yes, Sunpa. I still am scared. Only time will heal.
    I am going bring to you a scenario that is quite familiar in many posts in IL.
    Many daughters-in-law have written posts on how their MIL, FIL, SIL,BIL ill treat them. These ill treatments are not necessarily physical abuse. They are predominantly verbal or even behavioral abuse.

Just imagine, in a joint family say of Parents-in-laws, 3 SILS, 2 BILs - all your in-laws are nice except MIL who constantly puts you down, makes jokes about somethings you do, refers your, say cooking, or some words you say, to neighbors and makes fun of you.
    Or if your SIL discusses in front of you that she is great and send out slant messages that you don't even come close to her, how would you feel?
    Won't you be uncomfortable doing any task, worried about what sort of comment will you get for doing it? It is not fear for life, but a constant fear of the mental harassment.

Despite the majority of the family being nice, won't these two folks' comments constantly be a source of worry or fear and ruin your happiness?

I contribute positively to this forum seeking nothing except good healthy interaction with folks whom we know only via their posts, which is next to nothing.

So when some posts put me down, ridicule me, directly and indirectly, they disturb me, and it is natural for me to start thinking, "why am I here, and allowing an anonymous person to treat me thus?"
    We all, including you and other posters, are from decent and well-educated families; naturally we expect to be treated with dignity by each other.
    Thank you SunPa. I expect the admin (the Head of the family, Father-in-law of the girl in my example) to take care of this.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    periamma, justanothergirl and jskls like this.