1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Add Spice To Your Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Mar 8, 2019.

1. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Add Spice to your Life

I was to travel by Spice Jet flight SG568 from Madurai to Bangalore scheduled to depart at 2.05 pm on 4-3-2019.

I felt happy to escape the sweltering heat of Madurai and seek sanctuary in the airconditioned comfort of my home at Bangalore.After check in,security formalities were over I joined others in the waiting hall for the boarding announcement.At around 3.00 pm we boarded the bus and reached the aircraft but on some signal we were turned back without alighting from the bus.The bus went to the entrance to the lounge but we were asked to sit in the bus,I think for almost an hour.Nobody bothered to explain the mystery.We Indians are imaginative-theories covered a wide range of possibilities like failure of air conditioning,some fault with the system which facilitates landing etc.It was also rumoured that some other aircraft would come and take us,.We therefore heaved a sigh of relief when the bus started moving towards the aircraft.We got into the aircraft and waited for the Captains announcement for take off,No such thing happened and after a prolonged silence we were asked to deplane only to be taken to the lounge. After utter confusion we were given new boarding passes and went through formalities once again and reached the lounge.It was at that time I got a message on my phone that the flight would depart at 6.30 pm..This was the last straw on the camels back all a hell broke loose.

Nobody cared to explain the delay nor made any effort to provide refreshments,.Passengers started fighting with the airline staff without any avail..Things started moving only when two well built passengers with Wing Commander Abhinandan style moustache entered the arena and rolled up their sleeves like Rahul Gandhi does often..Refreshments were handed over to the passengers expeditiously and further discussion between passengers and airline staff was monitored was by the airport security staff..In the melee quite a few passengers picked up enough refreshments to take care of their breakfast also.You now know why freebies are a big hit with the electorate.

At last we boarded the plane around 7.15 pm.An arithmatical anamoly on the number of passengers seated in the aircraft led to further delay and after fourth round of counting the plane took off at 8.05 pm.Passengers made discreet enquiries whether the Engineer who set right the problem with the aircraft was also travelling in our flight..The flight landed around 9.00pm and passengers after alighting started running towards the bus fearing that they may be asked to board the flight again.

Moral of the story is that private airlines are no better than AirIndia as far as communication is concerned.They should have offered refreshments on their own-did not do so as afterall a new customer is born every two seconds.Had I been 28,I would have also rolled up sleeves but being 82,limped back home devastated by the experience.However I woke up refreshed in the morning, after having dreamt that the problem was sorted out by my bulging biceps.

Attached Files:

kkrish, Mistt, Laks09 and 5 others like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad to see you after a long time. How are you. Sorry to know about the delay. Glad atleast same day you reached. Can understand the problems faced by you

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@sln Sir,

The way you have laced the article with humor, it brought a smile to my face but...imagining your flight plight, I felt sorry for you. Well narrated.

4. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Thanks.Life becomes easier when we look at funny side of any situation.
    Lakshiminayanan

Anusha2917 likes this.
  5. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Viji.Being an active blogger with tenacity is epitomised by your contribution and encouragement.
    Lakshiminarayanan

iyerviji likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Welcome back Lakshminarayan Sir. What a humorous snippet produced by you despite the trouble you went through. Freebees are very popular no matter what it is! If you buy Sarees in Pothis, depending on the value of your purchase, you get a gift. Sometimes, it is a product and other times it is vegetable making us wonder which one is valuable.

There used to be days in 1970, Garden City used to be a Summer destination and people used to take a stroll in the road in April and May enjoying the weather. Now, Bangalore has become so hot needing air-conditioner.

I remember in a movie, the pilot announces, "We are sorry to announce that our flight attendants have run out of coffee" making everyone's heart to skip a beat. I am glad your flight was uneventful despite all the delay. Enjoy your stay in Bangalore, Sir.

7. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

8. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Viswamitra for your feedback.I remember getting free gift of a shoulder bag for purchasinga Refrigerator..On reaching home I found that the Zip was not functioning.Millions of people have been allured by free gifts and cheated by Chit companies.You can witness avarice at its worst when people push each other to receive the gift taking advantage of their length and girth.
    As for Bangalore, you can tolerate the weather but not the traffic snarl you encounter.Imagine the plight of a senior citizen with prostrate problem. The best place is your home and on line facility for banking and other transactions is the biggest boon bestowed on us.
    It is always a pleasure to hear from you.
    Regards
    SLN

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear sln sir,
    After a long long time on IL.
    Here life is always spicy.... Trains, flights, simple chores like calling an electrician, cable operator, plumber or internet guy... All create spice. Frustrations sometimes. We got used to them.
    Hope we would see you more often.
    Syamala

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame