1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Actually...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Aug 10, 2011.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Rekha has always been seen as an extrovert and said that she loved being with people. She worked as a receptionist. Also, she spent a lot of time in blogging, visiting new places and reading books. Her happiness is sort of contagious and her concern appeared genuine.

She reserved a day in a week, only for herself and did not prefer to go anywhere on that day. When she was asked later by one of her friends about why she did not turn up for an event, she started explaining "Actually.... you see dear, I was not well that day...". Soon her friends circle were aware that she did not attend even one occasion that fell on that day of the week. And whenever she was caught in an embarrassing situation, she will always fumble a bit, but managed later.

It so happened that she had to travel somewhere on that day of the week, on an emergency, though she dreaded it. And only after boarding a bus, she realized that she forgot her little purse which contained the small change. By that time, the conductor was near her, waiting. She had no option than to offer a 500 rupee note. The conductor didn't like it and shouted that he had no change. He told her strictly that she had to get down in the next stop. She was worried, as it was already late and that stop too, she knew would be deserted with no shops around.

It was then, that a good looking gentleman offered to buy her the ticket. The conductor kept mumbling a bit and Rekha was immensely relieved. She thanked that guy for his timely help and said, "You have helped me inspite of not knowing me at all. How am I ever going to pay you back?". He responded with a mysterious smile and said, "I am Rahul and actually, I visit your office once in a fortnight! You can pay me back then!"

She smiled and started explaining - "Actually...".

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

An embarassing situation indeed but Timely help extended by the gentleman !!!!!!

[​IMG]

3. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Good one and a different one too :)

4. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

A different kind of story. Ended with embrassment situation...

Shanti

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Actually.... I wonder what she did on her special personal day of the week!! why would she dread traveling on that day!! a personal day of the week certainly sounds mysterious... it couldn't be for mundane things like laundry, music, cooking, cleaning stuff as she could hv made time to go to special events if they happen to be on that day... so it makes me guess a lot of things... kinda liked the way you left it open though....

Akila

6. rgsrinivasan

Yet another time, I see a perfect choice of the image for the blog Sunitha. Thanks a lot for your appreciation. -rgs

7. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your appreciation Nihasvin. -rgs

8. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Shanti, for your nice feedback. -rgs

9. rgsrinivasan

Well. Good to see that you questioned it Akila. She didn't like the job in reality and but to do justice to it, she had to smile and be polite always at work. That day at least she was all by herself and did not do anything that she disliked. Also, though she smiled and appeared genuine, she need not have to remember most of the visiting people she met at work. And finally, she should be confident enough to handle any embarrassing situation, being at front office. Hope that explains all! Thanks for your feedback. -rgs

10. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai RGS,

Actually acting end was too good. Change in the week brought change to Rekha and saved her walk. Good one.