1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Actively Thinking About Divorce - Any Positive Experiences?

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by BhumiBabe, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I usually disengage from sidetracking discussions unless a crowd has weighed in with their peripheral contributions.

1) Here's what happened:

Straight away= immediately, instantly, directly, quickly
    Rigid = inflexible, unchangeable, fixed, stiff
    Differential = of, showing, or depending on a difference; varying according to circumstances or relevant factors.

I've never so as raised a finger against the fuzzy correlation but only disputed the strength of conviction on identifying the causative agent.

Further Simplified: How can one straight away identify the cause within differential (varied and cumulative) diagnosis without a conclusive pathological test or research to back up one's assertion.

2) Here's what happened next:

I hardly read papers on science. I am not from science and medical field. I just have a passing interest in sundry reads soaked in citations and analogies which incidentally happened to be excerpted from a medical narrative.

Emotional states and wellness are interlocked. A healthy mind enables a healthy body and vice-versa. But stress cannot be flagged as a blanket cause for every type of illness. Take the famous case of gastritis and gastric ulcers, which was believed to be caused by stress (solely) which in turn is symptomatic of stomach cancers. It took a maverick and intrepid scientist, Barry Marshall, who was awarded the Nobel Prize in 2005 for his scientific breakthrough, to establish a link between Helicobacter pylori and gastric ulcer. Before this discovery, no one believed that bacteria could survive, let along thrive, in the extremely acidic mucoid lining of the stomach. Today many are treated and relieved with antibiotics for gastric ulcers.

There are too many factors at play in medical ailments. Even the most invasive lab test from cutting-edge technology would not be able to say "straight away" the trajectory and epidemiological proportion of a disease. How each factor subtly contributed or played out in a progressive disease can at best be biased with our experiences. I am not trying to blind anyone with science. I respect doctors who humanize medical conditions to provide solace to the patients. Physicians in metros are generally educated in cross-cultural and inter-cultural competency to serve a multicultural demographics. Medical practitioners are expected to be sensitive to our creation myths whether one believes in Big Bang or Cosmic Egg or Ra's salty broth. You might want to check out a detailed case of collision of cultures here

This is not science wars. It is an inquiry on unsubstantial verdict: that's strange for your doctor to have straight away pinpointed the root cause.

3) Here's what will happen next:

(1) If you have something undulating and oblique like science cannot explain fully the charge parity CP symmetry of weak nuclear interaction, so don't be a slave of science, I would assume you completely missed my point and advise you to read (1)

(2) If you are defiant like I would like to believe what I want to believe, then you missed point (2)

(3) If you are clueless so far then please feel free to poke me, I won't bite off your head. However do me a favour and bring in cohesion and reason in your arguments. I am more than happy to tickle you in a livelier and spin-off discussion here or elsewhere.

Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    vaidehi71 and SunPa like this.