Aborting Girl Child and marriage

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by pam29, Dec 26, 2011.

1. pam29

pam29 New IL'ite

Hi...
    After seeing so many problems with Girls married life.. I started feeling , if poor parents decide to abort their girl child rather than making her to suffer for the entire life, what is wrong in that ?
    Do we need to give more importance on women's empoerment than keep shouting. Shouldn't government work on root cause rather than bringing all kind of rules...From past 20 to 25 years we are seeing Government making strict rules against aborting girl children.
    We usually blame those kinds of parents. But if we look deep into the problem there are very strong reasons behind doing all this.
    I feel, growth of family is not at all the reason behind killing a girl child, which always shown in the advertisements. There are plenty of reasons behind doing this crime. Just think in perspective of common man who is hardly earning to educate his children, pay his rent, good food for family and health of the family. If he gets only girl children then how he will be able to marry them to good guys?
    He has to spend on his daughter's education, marriage, Dowry, even for her pregnancy. After doing all this is there any guarantee of getting good life to his daughter? She may become victim of domestic violence, which sometimes turns to death also.
    Domestic violence and deaths, is not limited only to financially week group. It's there with hi-fi and so called rich group also.
    Basically money and safety are the major issues to not to the bear a girl child.
    I feel, if all parents start giving more importance to their daughter’s education and making them independent rather than the marriages, the things may change to some extent.
    If it can be easy for women staying without marriage or quit their bad husband/in laws then lot of problems can come under control.
    It will stop Dowry demand, girl child abortions, even corruption because many loving fathers do corruption only to get good husband for their daughters.
    Check the URL given below.
    http://www.gendercide.org/case_infanticide.html
    I believe we cannot expect men to tell “I don’t want Dowry, Let my wife also lead a life as she wants, Let her also take care of her parent’s as I do”, because they are getting everything without struggling then why should they say “No” to all comforts.
    Women have to find the channels, because women are suffering. Of course there are few men who feel women are also like them only and ready to help in all ways but how many are there?
    There are many dads who are ready to do any kind of compromise for their daughter’s marriage. But is that correct? Can one daughter parents be bold about her life? Can parents understand happiness and safety is more important than wasting their won and their child’s life for some meaningless social barriers?
    Is it possible girls to become so bold that they can say “I am fine to stay alone, rather being puppet of somebody’s hand”. Once girls start telling like this, I guess majority of problems will be resolved. I am sure this will not stop marriages or break the families; in fact this will make men to think that they also need marriage and family. At least they will control their greedy behavior.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

It is a very interesting subject.Nothing in the life comes with guarantee. It is not only daughter suffer in the marriage. Sometimes, men suffer too. First thing, the parents have to educate themselves not to ask Dowry etc when their own sons get married. I have seen number of people who get upset when their daughter's in laws ask for money, but when it comes to their own sons, they are different. We need women support. if it is daughter and DIL, apply the same rules. Don't treat them differently. It is hard not to be little nicer to daughters, it doesn't mean you need to be rude other one.
    Marriage and Children- everyone wants it and parents love to see them happy. Money shouldn't be the important thing. Under standing each other family and give respect to all are most important thing.
    Come on ladies, take oath saying that I treat daughter and daughter in law same way.
    Happy New Year.

2 people like this.
  3. jademathews

jademathews New IL'ite

Marriage and children is the best gifts of all.. We should have to take responsibility as we trusted one.