1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Trip - 6

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by lovelyme, Dec 16, 2011.

1. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Suddenly I heard two men talking very loudly just near me. The rain started to become stronger inch by inch. I was scared to death when they just stopped under the pipeline and looked here and there as if observing the surrounding. The lightning frequently game me a rough idea about their face. They looked very masculine and their body became very wet and I could see their well maintained body. The regular workout might have given their face a rough look.

I was wondering when they would look up and see me hanging myself on the pipe. I grabbed the pipe with all my energy and waiting for them to move away from there. My support was becoming slippery and I pushed my self a bit up and tried to reach for my mobile. I got it and switched it off immediately then kept it in my pocket. I too was fully drenched and it seemed to me that I wouldn’t be able to manage there for long.

“I can’t tolerate any more, Venky…” Said one and he went inside the bush which grew a thick form of vegetation.

“OK. Take your time… I’ll wait for you…” The man addressed as Venky stood there and just rolled his head around him as if observing anything suspicious.

My back was aching like hell and I felt my hands losing their strength. I saw my end before me and I just remembered my wife who was in the car and my son back home.

“God she might be awake now and must be scared and worried…” I was worried. “If these men see me they will surely go for my wife too and risk her too… Oh God! Why didn’t I listen to her.… See, now I have put both our lives in danger…” I was crying in my heart.

“OK. Come let’s go… They might have finished it by now…” The other came out from the bushes talking.

“I don’t know how we are going to make it there in this bad weather…. Everything has been changed including the weather…. See this unseasoned rain…. Hmmm…” Both of them spoke and walked away.

I couldn’t wait for a better moment. I slid down from the pipe and took my wet shoes and started to walk very slowly to the front. I thanked the heavy down pour as it helped me escape from them. My shoulders and thighs were aching. When I reached the front I could see a matador van parked in the yard. I guessed it might belong to those two men.

“How on earth I couldn’t hear its sound?” I was thinking as I walked stealthily. No one was there near the vehicle and I knew where they would be.

Again the thought of what was happening in that theatre started to haunt me. I slowly reached my car and opened it. My wife made a weird sound in fear because of my unexpected entry.

“Sssshhhhh…. It’s me…. Don’t panic…” I closed her mouth softly.

She was very upset and angry. I didn’t say anything. I switched off the roof light and took a sweater from the back seat and covered my mobile with it and wiped the wetness on it. Then I slowly removed the sim card and the memory card from it and started to dry them off too. I couldn’t wait to see what got recorded in that.

My wife saw me with an astounding look and was observing my unusual silence. She might have expected at least a sorry from me for my unauthorized absence from the scene. But I didn’t strain myself in defending. She waited for a few more seconds and I was deeply involved in drying off my mobile. She couldn’t take my silence anymore.

“Where were you da?” I could feel the anger in her voice.

“Just went to collect the mobile….” I made sure my voice to be extremely cool and relaxed.

“You were doing that for the past one and half hours?” She was angry and trying hard to control her voice showing that.

I smiled at her and hugged her softly.

“What were you doing behind the hospital?” Suddenly she asked.

“Wh… What…. What are you saying dear?” I asked as if I haven’t done anything like that before.

But she was very strong in her voice. “Don’t lie to me D… I saw you going there and do you have any idea what would have happened if anybody saw you there?.... I have a strong feeling that something is not right here with this hospital….. I saw two men coming in that van and what are they doing here at this late hour? I was very scared as they came there behind you… We must get out of here as soon as possible…”

I thought that was not the right time to say everything happened back at the hospital. Moreover I too felt the same way as her and decided to leave from there to the earliest. Suddenly as we were watching we saw two men coming out and one of them had a box or case in his hand. The van started and it left in a hurry.

Suddenly I had a doubt if the security saw me going there. But I decided to take a risk here and started my car. Our car left the hospital and reached the gate. The security was awake then and he asked us to stop.

“Why are you leaving Sir?” A tone of suspicion filled in his voice.

I realized that he didn’t notice us properly when we entered. I just got a spark in my brain and I wanted to get out from there as quick as possible. I saw him looking at my wife with doubt in his eyes.

“I came here to see the senior doctor as per Venky’s instruction……” I took very much care to sound very casual.

It seemed he hadn’t got any reason to doubt me further and waved his hand to move on. We left out a sigh of relief and passed the gate. I could see through the rear view mirror that the security guard taking down the register number of the car.

The rough weather seemed to calm down from its anger and I wheeled the car through the road and my watch showed me the time as 10.03 PM…

[FONT=&quot](To be continued….):coffee[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011

2. chenchal009

chenchal009 Senior IL'ite

Hey Lovelyme, what a story line.. nice..

3. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

nice... long wait for this trip-6 n finally ..:) yesterday @ 8.20...

1 person likes this.
  4. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

good and thrilling...

1 person likes this.
  5. mshanj

mshanj Senior IL'ite

Very Thrilling...

6. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

NExt episode pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...........

1 person likes this.
  7. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Thank you Sapthu, Unique, Puppala, Chenchel and mshang for all your encouraging FBs. You don't have to wait much as I would be posting the next episode soon probably within a day or two.

Hope you would like it and encourage me with your beautiful comments....... GOD bless you and Merry Christmas!!

8. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

wow... nice story.. do post the next episode soon.. cant wait long :)

9. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Lovelyme,your writing style is really fantastic ..I could feel each and every word of yours..
    Very attractive and simple style!

1 person likes this.
  10. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Thank you puppala dear! I always prefer my diction to be simple and easily accessible. Because my English proficiency is way too low and i am very uncomfortable with understanding of much complicated words. Moreover this is my first trial and there may be lots of inadequacies. Please bear with me but of course I am over whelmed with your positive comments....